Exercise for people over 50

Exercise for people over 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surfacewhere you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5lb potato bag in each hand,

extend your arms straight out from your sides,

hold them there for as long as you can.

Try to reach a full minute and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks,move up to 10lb potato bags.

Then try 50lb potato bags and then

eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100lb potato bag in each hand

and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(I'm at this level.)

<

>

<

>

<

>

<

>

After you feel confident at that level,put a potato in each bag.

Richard Cornish

BREATHE EASY = FRIENDSHIP and a lot of LAUGHS

join now ,enjoy yourself,detailsBLF

27 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think i will start with a crisp bag then work my way up to the potato bag.x

• Ha ha good answer sylb!

• With or without a crisp in it ?

• Without at first then work my way up to say one crisp a day in each bag.

• Lol xx

• I may be brave and start with a chip bag. :)

• are you crazy?I'm with the others to start with a crisp bag.It takes all my strenght to lift a glass of wine.ha ha.

• Now that is something I'd never have trouble with if, that is, I could fit some in between appointments and phone calls!

• Hmm I think I'll go for the the bags of "fresh air" then move on to ??? feathers maybe who knows ;-)

Take it easy

Karen

x

• Ah ah made me laugh so much. :D

• I have just laughed aloud for the first time today, :)

• I think laughing is really good for the lungs but it makes me cough like mad!!! Opens up the airways.

• Oh thank you for that just had a really good laugh parrot looking at me as though im mad xx

• Oh Maggiemay.....had a good laugh at Richards humour then another good giggle at the idea of your parrot looking down at you with a right old fashioned look.!!!!!

• Holding a 100lbs bag out on outstreached arms is IMPOSSIBLE for at least 99% of people. What planet are you from?

• You did not read it until the very end did you! Holding an empty bag should be possible!!!!

• Must own up - I didn't - made me laugh this time though thanks.

• What on earth would you do with 200 pounds of potatoes!

• Sell them on EBay

• Brilliant ! Like others I actually laughed out loud which really cheered me up as I was having a "down" day. I think they should prescribe laughter pills. Thanks for that ! Sheila

• Apparently they do - they're called Prozac!

• who needs prozac when we have kingofthecocktails"brilliant sense of humour".

• Thank you .I will keep them coming.We all need a good laugh.

• Thanks all - ha hah -didn't know how exercising with potatoes or crisps could be so funny...! let the humour keep flowing.....

• Love it !!

• I suggest that after all that exertion - and before you get brave enough to a asecond potato (Yes, I know, but it takes courage) before all that, sit down with a glass of wine and congratulate yourself.

• And why not????

You may also like...