help needed please???????????

MY MUM IS VERY ILL WITH COPD AND WAS ONE OF THE YOUNGEST PEOPLE TO BE DIAGNOSED WTH THIS AT 39. SHES NOW 51 ON THE HIGHEST MEDICATION, STEROIDS ARE HER ONLY WAY OF GETTING THROUGH HER DAYS

SHE HAS LOST HER TEETH,ALWAYS ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL AND NOW RECENTLY HAD A BONE SCAN TO DETERMINE THE DAMAGE THE STEROIDS HAVE DONE.AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF THE DWP HAVE TOOK ALL HER BENEFITS OFF HER,TAKEN AWAY HER MOBILITY CAR,DISABLED BADGES ALL BECAUSE SHE HAS A HARASSMENT CASE AGAINST SKELMERSDALE POLICE. THEY HAVE ARRESTED AND INTERVIEWED HER AND TAKEN INOT ACCOUNT 7 POLICE OFFICERS STATEMENTS ONLY! SHE HAS LOST HER HOME NOW DUE TO NO HOUSING BENEFIT AND IS BECOMING SERIOUSLY ILL. SHE HAS APPEALED AND THEY ARE REVIEWING IT BUT IT IS ALL ONE BIG SHAM. PLEASE ANYBODY ANY HELP/ADVICE ?????MUCH APPRECIATED!

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi There

Iam sorry to read things are so bad for your mum, can your mum's doctor help to support her case for housing?

What reason did the DWP give for removing all of her benefits, and what is she living on now?

Jo

• thanks jo/stitch, the dwp said the police contacted them to investigate her even thought the police told her the dwp contacted them! they never once asked her to go in for questioning or treated her as an innocent woman. also shes only received a letter from the dla stating it has been stopped. nothing from housing benefit or income support. when she rings up they tell her nothing on system its just stopped and they cant tell her anything. they have told her to claim esa! shes not coping financially at all all her kids including me are trying our best to help her with food electricity,gas etc. the main reason for all this is my mum runs a site on facebook which deals with police complaints and she has a lot of evidence against skelmersdale police, videos, pictures and voice recordings and has logged several complaints with the IPCC against them. when she was told by a sergeant to drop them because his gang were bigger than hers she refused and carried on. she is now dealing with this and we believe because they couldnt get her to stop they are trying everything in their power to make her life hell. police have given statemnets saying she walked very far (no camera/video evidence) just words of 7 different officers, most are lies, they have evn taken pictures from her home showing she had hair and make up done, went to turkey and visited a safari park. which is all true. she has 5 daughters we wouldnt dream of letting her on family pictures without her looking lovely, she was rushed from the airport into wythenshawe hospital with breathing problems after this holiday andwhen she went the zoo the 2 babies were in prams and she had my other sister helping her. its like they want her to remain scruffy,unkept and not to leave her home and lie ina coffin waiting to die. its disgusting.

• exactly my point stitch! she was in private rented accomodation and had no benefits for cpl months now thats why shes fell behind. also shes just informed me her solicitor has told her shes being bailed tomorrow AGAIN. It seems this is a tactic being used to keep her without benefits and continuing stress for as long as they can. If they had hard evidence surely she would be charged and taken to court. thanks for best wishes

• Nat. You do need expert advice and the events are all very confusing indeed. If she has lost her home, does that mean she is homeless? I can't see that as the council still has a duty of care.

The Police conspiracy is also very confused. If it is all as stated, the media would be very intertested I would have thought.

I don't mean to sound harsh, and I am not, but you need reliable and rational help here. Please go to the CAB, your mother's GP and discuss things with them in a calm way. Perhaps with a list of points and questions you want to cover. A little preparation really helps.

Lynne xx

• Thanks Lnne. I agree completely its a hugely complex and confusing story with so much mad information. I have e-mailed a few newspapers,tv programmes and were even thinking of doing a peaceful protest for her. She has been put into my brothers friends home at the moment and she will be fine there until we can get this all sorted. Shedoes have a pending appointment with the GP who is a very nice man and helps her a lot as shes a regular visit to doctors and hospitals.And I will update this post with information as it evolves x

• thanks stitch will have a look at shelter. a lot of people automatically think your lying or you have some type of mental illness as they can never believe the police or the DWP could harass,intimidate and be corrupt but seeing how they have treated her and im just so thankful she has a lot of evidence. also an update was her doctors appointment tonight she rang me and told me her GP was disgusted he was really upset as he's been treating her a long time and wants hersolicitor to get in touch so he can wrote her a letter. i know she will get back on her benefits im just worried it will take that long she will become too ill mentally,phsically and emotionally but im going to do everything i can to help her and so are my other 7 brothers and sisters

regrads

• This is in need of high level help - I would contact your MP and tell them everything. Hope that things get better and justice is served for your Mum. x

• Hi Nat

This story is just awful for you all.

Shelterline have a helpline for housing advice - 0809 800 4444.

It may be worth looking at legal advice as well.

Remember we are here Nat!

Best Wishes

Jo

• thank you julie and jonewton.she attended the police station again today and they just said bail again till 19th december. we know this is because by then all DWP offices etc will be closed for xmas and new year and its just another tactic to leave her xmas/new year with no money or anything sorted out. we have been to welfare rights today and shes waiting on a call back also the adult social service dept are calling her back to see if they can pffer things to help with electricity,gas and possibly food vouchers or something as my 12 yr old sister still lives with my mum and this is affecting her terribly too as shes now under a school councillor as shes getting upset at seeing my mum struggle. its heartbreaking as my mum has always been a very independant woman and the past 2 months she has been through far too much stress she's now getting that upset she's having panic attacks and her breathing is causing her tremendous struggling outbursts. will keep you all updated.

• Hi i agree with stitch, u must go to cab and get some advice and representation from them hun i really feel for u, i was 38 when diagnosed yr after my mum passed from copd at the age of 61, u have enough on your plate without this, failing cab get local counseller on your side to help you, best of luck please keep in contact and let us know how u get on will be putting u in my prayers xx

• thanks junegirl,mucg appreciated! will be trying as many contacts as possible to help us and will certainly keep this updated x

• Good luck nat and hope you do get some much needed help for your poor mum. People are allowed out with chronic illness and for anyone to think otherwise is disgusting! Your poor mum. The powers that be need to do all they can to help and the Police should hang their heads in shame! xxxx

• thanks sassy :-) they should i agree its really unbelievably hard to sit back letting them get away with this but its hard fighting the police and the government together when were just normal people,especially havingthe powers they they do. theyve even been as sad to video her ONCE walking to the police station and because she walked slow they said that was because she was using her phone. social services are coming to see her today so i will let you know what they say. thanks again everyone! x

• Nat

i hopefully this will help but heres a link to some charities that help disabled people - they may be able to help her with some emergency finances.

disability-grants.org

also there is the food bank - not of lot of people realise that most towns have one - they will help with a box of food as long as you need it. this is the contact in Skelmersdale ( hopefully i have the right area)

Deirdre Mitten, 01695 555717.

im a bit confused about whats happened with your mum but am i right in guessing she has been charged with fraud ? ( claiming from DWP) - can her solicitor help or at least point her in the direction of someone who can ?

i hope these links help

kerry

• Aww Nat so sorry about your mum...

I think her best bet would not be the CAB but a Solicitor who are able to not only advice but help in these cases... Wish you all luck xxxx

• Thanks krazylady i will certainly pass them details on or contact them myself and let you know and I will have a nose at that after lunch stitch.And they havent charged her YET they just keep re-bailing and re-bailing her where surely if there was evidence she would be charged. Im just glad her GP has backed her a 100% and isnt happy how shes been treated, hes also a magistrate so thats got to be a good thing. And she has a solicitor Ali I just hope he's good at dealing with this case as its so complex and confusing and I just want her to be left alone. She did receive some food from social services but I heard it wasn't great but I suppose anything helps for now. Will update you all soon as we know anything more.x

• Hi everyone, sorry its been a while we've been up the wall with everything. well mum is now in a new house :-) she has finally been receiving ESA after getting a 3 month sick note from her GP. He's also getting her a letter done for her solicitor stating his disgust how she's been treated and his PROFESSIONAL opinion of her disability/mobility. She now lives on £71 a week which is very hard but certainly better than nothing! Also she visited the police station today for the 6th time and they have finally stated THEY WON'T BE CHARGING HER, but DWP might be pursuing action which we believe is because they know once they get her to court they will be in serious trouble so they want the DWP to do the dirty work and take the blame when she wins ;-) will update again once we know more x

You may also like...