Pulmonary Rehabilitation - Here I Come!

Hurray at long last - just took a phone call to say hospital had received my referral from my consultant for PR.I start Wed 24th Oct, then Fri 26th and after that it's 3 days a week. I'm quite looking forward to it, albeit a little apprehensive. I need this to learnt what my limitations are as to how far I can push myself. I'm not a very active person and I haven't been pushing myself due to the lack of confidence as I've not had any real help from my consultant. So here goes roll on next week I'm raring to go :-)

Karen

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. ;)

• Thank you :-)

• Let us know how you get on, something I've never done

Libby

• Will do.

• Brilliant - hope you get so much benefit out of it. Should have started mine but had infection with high temp on the day of the assessment, so have to wait 'til the next lot.

Let us know how you get on and what to expect.

XXX

• Will do , hope you feel better soon and don't have to wait too long for the next placement.

• Nice to hear some good news. :-)

polly

• Appreciated - Thank you

• I did a P.R back in Feb.hard work but well worth it. You get back what you put in.

Keep it up Ed.

• wondering what P R is, as I have not been offered anything at all. Recently came across this site, and I think it could be very helpful, fingers crossed for some helpful information.

• As stated below nixy - I've waited seven months to get on this course, I've been told that you can ask your GP for a referral and if he/she thinks you will benefit they'll put forward a referral. I've been referred on by my consultant after a request recommendation by the physiotherapist. Just ask I'm sure somebody who is overseeing your care should be able to assist you. Good luck

Karen

XX

• thank you, will ask around starting with own doctor

• A pulmonary rehab course is designed to get you exercising & build up muscle. Weak muscles use a lot more oxygen which we can ill afford.

You are normally referred to a hospital R.H. course by your consultant or doctor & the course lasts about 8 weeks, twice a week.

Sometimes a long wait to get on one.

Ed

• thanks, think i am going to try and exercise more if i can. This copd has taken a bit of my confidence as i think i can't do things but have decided to push myself a little further each day. Glad i found this site.

You may also like...