Article by Consumer Focus - '10 things you didn't know you're entitled to from your energy company'

Good Afternoon all.

I hope everyone is feeling well.

I'm sure regular posters will know that one of my particular bugbears is having to pay too much for fuel costs .

Consumer Focus have just today published an article on your rights with fuel providers - the link is below and it is well worth a look as there is a further link in the article.

consumerfocus.org.uk/news/1...

Best Wishes

Jo

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Jo,

You mentioned a while ago about an entitlement for the mature generation to have a discount or something off their energy bills but I can't remember what it was.

• Hi Tanyamarie

The discounts or help with fuel bills are :

Winter Fuel Allowance - generally everyone over the age of 60

Cold Weather Payment - applies if temperature goes to 0c for 7 consecutives days and you are receiving (eg) Pension Credit.

Warm Home Discount Scheme - see my separate blog (it is quite long!) and,

Discounted schemes and social tariffs.

They are generally the ones around - was there something in particular? Have a look at my other posts - if that dosen't cover it come back to me and i will try to get to the bottom of it.

I hope that is helpful.

Best Wishes

Jo

• It was the warm home discount scheme and I saw it mentioned in another post by Gordon I think.

Thanks both!

• Rang British Gas yesterday about the Warm Home Discount Scheme, and someone is getting back to me today. Will let you know how I get on.

• Hi Tanyamarie

Yes the WHDS is due to go 'live' on the 17th Sep - see my specific post for further information on this.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Jo

• Thanks Jo this is really helpful.

You may also like...