free bus pass

hi i have got copd had it since 06 but this last year half has got lot worse i have had to give up work i am 50 am waiting to hear about dla , but i have been referred for pulmonary rehab course up our hospital , but i dont drive so will have to get 2 buses each way which on the isle of wight arent cheap and im looking at £10 each time i go and i have to go twice a week , someone said i may be able to get a free bus pass through my doctor does anyone no if this is right. thanks kaz

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Kaz

You can apply through your local Council offices. I think you may need to get a note from your doctor to say you have a long term chronic illness which results in shortness of breath and means your not being able to walk far because of this.

You can apply on-line too, check this website which explains more:

direct.gov.uk/en/travelandt...

Good wishes

Zoee

• thanks for ur reply Zoee . i have appointment on wed with my copd nurse and the PRC on tue so will ask them both about this will let u no how i get on thanks x

• Do Dialaride operate on the Island, you might be able to book a door to door transport if they do.

• no hun we dont , we only have one bus company and they charge the earth , but thanks anyway

• Thanks Gordon 57 and that is good that i could get one for my hubby cos he doesnt drive either . I

have appointment on wed with my copd nurse and the PRC on tue so will ask them both about this will let u no how i get on thanks x

• thank you will do not that he dont already no lol

• If you are on benefit the hospital should refund your travel expensise. I think someone has answered the question of the bus pass. You can get the forms online. Hope that helped!

Susie

• If you are on benefit the hospital should refund your travel expensise. I think someone has answered the question of the bus pass. You can get the forms online. Hope that helped!

Susie

• hi susie , the only money i get at this moment is working tax credits £47 a month as my husband works ,and im not sure if that is taken as a benefit. i am not entitled to ESA apparently because he works , he is supposed to pay for everything out of his wages which isnt a large amount he is self employed sub contracted to a firm on a full week he brings home 350 which we have to pay full rent council tax and everything else ! i have applied for DLA this is my 4th time but havent heard yet , just really annoys me as we have both always worked and now we need help we cant get it , makes u feel like ur worthless hun .

You may also like...