Cruising with oxygen

I added aquestion to this tag a little while ago asking if anyone knew where I could hire an Oxygen concentrator for a cruise holiday. I am due to cruise from Malage, Spain, in Sept. and I would like to hire a concentrator , delivered to the dock at Malaga. The unit could be collected when the ship returns to Malaga a week later. I have tried all the suggested possibilities that were sent in response to my question but none of them can provide this service. I have been in contact with the BLF team. Bill (Omega) only supplies cruises from the UK. (I don't need Oxygen to fly, but I believe that taking a portable unit with me will put a big strain on me.)

I don't know what else to do. Can anyone offer any suggestions.

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This company was mentioned in a previous posting:

Omega Oxygen - UK based contact - 01273 38176.

I hope to travel to Switzerland later this year to visit my daughter and grand-daughter who liver there. I checked Omega Oxygen's website but it's in the process of being updated, so I may ring them after the Bank Holiday.

Let us know if they are able to help you.

• Thank you. This company only provides services to cruises lleaving from the UK. e.g southampton

• Try contacting Bill Quantrill from Omega Oxygen. omegaoxygen.com is his website.

• Bill only provides services to ships leaving UK ports.

• Supplying 02 to cruise ships at ports across UK, Europe and USA ;

disabilityholidaysguide.com...

• Disabilityholidays do not provide oxygen for cruise holidays

• The BLF helpline may also have a list.

• Have a great fly cruise - do let us know how you get on with the o2 and with your travels.

• Having no success at all in finding an oxygen rental company that will provide the service I request. I have followed all the recommendations provided by members of this site. I appreciate all the help and I am disappointed to have to report that I have not been able to locate a supplier yet. Thank you all for your kind help.

• have you spoken to your current oxygen company? do they have any contacts who can help you?

• thankfor your comment. Yes I have spoken to my current company, Air Liquide, but they do not provide this service.

• This might be a bit late but I have only just started using this site. there is a firm that supply portable concentrators for sale but they also rent them for a short term loan for holidays. Don't know if it is restricted to Uk or whether you can take them out of the country. They are oxygenconcentrators.co.uk/p... hope this helps and isn't too late

• Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I did manage to take a portable unit with me and everything worked out very well.

• We have cruised twice from Southampton and used Omega. Whilst some people say that they are expensive we find them friendly, helpful and, most important, reliable

• Thank you for the information. I expect the price is dependant on where you live and where you are sailing from. Because I live in Northern Ireland, and was boarding the ship in Spain, I would have needed to hire the unit for a number of days before leaving home (so that the unit could be sent to my home prior to my travel)

Then I would add the cost of rental while on holiday, and then add more days because I would have to package the unit and return it to the rental company. This does add significant cost due to package and post.

• Right, I see. We sailed from Southhampton and it was delivered the morning we sailed. This year I have hired a portable concentrator which will be delivered to me at home. I need it for use on a flight

You may also like...