hello about me

hello my name is sue i suffer with copd moderate stage , i find things a struggle at times . i feel isolated when not well so it would be nice to have people who understand to talk to . i am a happy outgoing person who loves to spend time with my grandchildren . . i help in save the children charity shop and enjoy it very much . more on me later ...

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Sazzysue and welcome to the forum. I too have moderate COPD and can say that hearing from others in a similar situation is a big plus in dealing with it. Even those closest to us don't always realise what it's like. Look forward to hearing more about you soon.

• Hi Carrieme . thank you for post reply . many days are difficult find 1 good 3 bad , get depression as well due to illness i am told , Do you have many other probs ? how do you keep active ? i am going to slimming club at the moment to try lose a few stone lol . sue x

• hi Stitch , it has been over 4 years now , had asthma for 30 yrs . started when i worked in factory . x

• Hi Sue,

Welcome to the group, I have severe COPD & am on oxygen. I try to remain active & do regular exercise. It is good that you are able to enjoy helping in the charity shop & spending time with your grandchildren.

Yes it can be very isolating at times particularly on bad days, as family & friends do not fully understand.

Best wishes

Jo :-)

• hi jojam . yes although i am not always able to help at least i still manage to keep active when illness allows . I seem to get 1 good day 3 bad is this the norm . today i am having a sofa day lol ..

• Welcome Sue

You've come to the right place Sue, good to see you here.

Hi CarrieMe, Stitch and Jo

Wishing all an easing breathing weekend.

Zoe

• thank you Zoe . same too you xx

• Hi there Sue,

Feel similar to you, am truly isolated at present.

Biggest problem is having others who do not understand, even family do not, and I find them expecting too much from me.

I'm a father and grandfather and I love my grandson and daughter, do everything I can for them but I feel as though I'm not free to do what I need in order to survive. Hopefully I can change my course this year as if I move away and cannot see my grandson I'd go nuts.

Daughter communicates badly with me though, I get sick and tired of gadgets, like sending text messages, I think why is it we are doing this when we could also pick up the phone, you are at home and so am I, is what I then think.

In this way, I feel as though I am on call-out duty, ready to go help when needed but not being told about much else, so it makes me feel even worse as I am not in my ho me country and speak a foreign language every day, of course, how else could it be when in a foreign country but I guess I long for things from home, like just being able to converse in English again.

I too am looking for friends

Stay well

• hi john , sounds as though you my suffer depression as i do . try talking to your daughter explain ,if you find this difficult give her a couple of booklets available from this site . I also find it difficult . and yes the younger generation txt instead of chat as phone deals give unlimited txt and few talk time mins . i would not leave england as it is home , and my family do help luckily ..chat soon sue .

You may also like...