End of life: Just a note to update you... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation

48,730 members58,008 posts

End of life

JR1951 profile image
JR1951

Just a note to update you I have just been told that I have about 2 too 4 months left to live or if I’m lucky could get another 2 months with another bout of Chemotherapy or upto next Christmas

89 Replies

So sorry to hear that JR1951. X

So sorry to hear this JR1951. Thinking of you at this very difficult time.

I’m really sorry to hear that JR1951. That must feel really tough to hear. Thinking of you!

Dee x

So sorry to hear this JR1951.

Roza66555 profile image
Roza66555 in reply to Gsp-

Sorry to hear that God keep you safe 🙏🙏🙏

So sorry 😞

Thinking of you 🙏🏻

Damon1864 profile image
Damon1864Volunteer

So very sorry to hear this, thinking of you 😪💞 xx

So sorry to hear that, thinking of you.

So sorry to hear that , one day at a time . Thinking of you x

I am really sorry to hear this. I hope you are getting the care and support you need. x

I’m sorry to hear that, not good. Thinking of you x

So sorry JR.10 years ago my husband was given 3 weeks - he had another 14 months to give and receive family love. I hope they're wrong. Thinking of you xx

Such sad news JR. It must be a difficult decision for you now. I do hope you can get as much physical , moral and mental support as you possibly can to enable you to make the most of your time with loved ones and the people that matter. It will of course take some sinking in. I pray you get much longer , without pain as a hindrance. Thank you for letting us know as we’ve not heard from you for 3/4 years. Any time you want to chat or just vent we are here. Wishing you the very best . Christi 😘

JR1951 profile image
JR1951 in reply to Chriskho

The help and the I’ve already had is great, the decision was over to me easy a DNR put on straight away as I don’t want to be left in limbo. The help with this is not taken lightly but everything talked through before putting pen to paper. I would like to thank everybody for their best wish in this darkest of hours.

I was given 5/6 months to live in December 2018 and I'm still here!

Dl98 profile image
Dl98 in reply to Annie31

Woohoo. Keep going with whatever you’re doing

sassy59 profile image
sassy59 in reply to Annie31

Good! Nice to know you Annie xx🥰💖🤗

Kelly100 profile image
Kelly100 in reply to Annie31

❤️

Sending love and hugs xx

So very sorry to hear this. I hope you can receive best help and support possible. Best wishes to you.

That must have been awful to hear JR1951 hope you are getting help and support 🤗🤗

JR1951 profile image
JR1951 in reply to dickinson1954

The help and. Support my ccf as been the best

Stay strong

You have got it together JR. All best wishes and pray you surprise everybody. I was given a 1 in 10 chance to make it 4 to 5 years, and I’m still here ( mostly anyway, lol ) 9 years later, judg69

So sorry to hear this big hugs and prayers for you 🙏🙏

Such sad news ,thinking of you.💔🙏 xxSheila

So sorry to hear this.

God bless you.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hollyjt profile image
Hollyjt in reply to grettal

Sending love and my best wishes to you. Holly xxxx

I am so sorry to hear your news JR1951, they gave my friend 2yrs till end of life and that was 3yrs ago now so there is always hope,hang onto that hope and do the things you can while you can ,sending you best wishes x

It seems wrong to me to predict how long you may have left to live. No one knows the future, yes the doctors can guess but they are not always right, and it is no help. That doctor may get knocked down crossing the road and go before you. Maybe we should all live each day as though it is our last and not waste a precious minute. Good luck, love Iris x

sassy59 profile image
sassy59 in reply to Lyd12

Well said dear Iris. Xxx

Lyd12 profile image
Lyd12 in reply to sassy59

This weeks poem gives hope.

Annie31 profile image
Annie31 in reply to Lyd12

Absolutely Iris, well said!

Hi JR1951, just remember than the doctors don’t know everything, they are really just guessing. Prove them wrong and keep going!

Bless you. Thoughts and prayers with you.

So sorry to hear your news JR. I’m thinking of you.x

I don't often comment on the forum but felt I had to just to let you know I'm thinking about you

Thinking of you.must be incredibly tough 4u 😘xxx

Hi JR. I too had the same news a couple of weeks ago. I hope that we both prove the doctors wrong. Good Luck. John

sassy59 profile image
sassy59 in reply to johnderby

Thinking of you John xxx

Patk1 profile image
Patk1 in reply to johnderby

All the best john.thinkking of u xx

Kelly100 profile image
Kelly100 in reply to johnderby

Sorry to hear this. Prove them wrong x

John, you may well prove them wrong but whatever way I hope that this time is peaceful and positive for you. Take care

Grace

Gladwyn profile image
Gladwyn in reply to johnderby

I hope your docs are proved wrong too! All my best wishes for the time you want. Xx

Very sorry JR1951. My husband was given 6 weeks to 3 months but he's still with me 5 months later doing the best he can and trying to stay positive. All you can do in life is the best you can and that's enough. Love and best wishes to you and your family xx

Give yourself a big hug from me.Then decide what you can do to make you enjoy a few things,perhaps ashort trip.

The lockdown has been awful.

Perhaps you could have a small takeaway or a coffe,if the sun shines.

When the pubs open you could perhaps go for a bar snack.

We went to Wales in my sons caravan last weekend.

We would rather go abroad,but my declining health means we have to be realistic.

Hopefully you’ll have longer than they predict,

When our friend had a month to go,we took him to the pub,for a meal ( small portions for him.

We also went away with him and his wife for 2 nights.

We left them to do their own thing.we just kept in the back ground in case help was needed. It wasn’t.

He lived for 4 months.We still have happy memories of him .

If my suggestions offend or upset you in your present state of health,please accept my apologies.

Patk1 profile image
Patk1 in reply to Oshgosh

Lovely ideas xx

So sorry for you xxx

Sending you massive hugs.xx

I am so sorry to hear this. I both empathise and sympathise with you. A real dilemma of being caught between a rock and a hard place. This scenario has already been at the back of my own mind for some years and have made peace with my own decision, which I will not say, I do not want to influence you in anyway at all. All I can say is, I wish you the very best of luck with this.

❤❤❤❤❤

So sorry to hear this , it’s the news that no one wants to receive, praying that you get the strength to cope and hope you have more good days than not. Take care .🌼

I am so sorry to hear your sad news and shall remember you in my prayers 🙏💕xx

Don't give up - amazing replies above stating how long they were given to live and years later are still here. All best wishes x

So sorry to hear this.

So sorry to hear this, sending you strength and good wishes at this difficult timeDebs

Hello JR, I firstly have to say that I think it an immensely brave thing to do to, post this news on this forum. Your emotions might well be all over the place at receiving this news but you chose to tell us. Some people may not feel ready to talk about the situation you find yourself in but by posting I believe you are reaching out to us and we won't let you down. You will have received many responses from members by now which will demonstrate how much people care about you. However, for most of us, talking about the subject of death is the most difficult thing in the world. But it is a reality of life which we must all face at some time in our lives. It is because of this I want you to know that there will be many kind, thoughtful people on here who will be more than willing to hear your thoughts, hopes and fears if, and when you feel ready to do so. The one thing we can do to support you now during this very difficult time is to be able to 'listen'! Sending you love and kind, gentle hugs.

Chrys xxx

My mother was told 3 to 6 months. I looked after her for 7 years. Her secret was she was bloody minded and stong willed. Think strong Stay strong be strong

Shocking news to hear I am sure, but the doctors are not always correct, take heart in that and live everyday as much as you can. Thinking of you x

So sorry to hear this JR1951. Must be devastating news to hear. Hope you have family or friends for support. Here for a chat and anything i can do to help if you haven't. Brian

Sorry there's not much that I can say but God bless you.

I’m a very new member but would like to say my thoughts are with you at this so difficult time

I’m so sorry to hear this JR1951. I know words are not going to change your situation but I hope you draw some comfort from the support here. Surround yourself with the people you love, do the things you enjoy and I hope you have plenty of emotional and practical support around you. You sound exceptionally courageous and very pragmatic. Wishing you peace.

What a strong and inspirational person you must be. I send you all my love xxx

I haven’t been on here much. Everyone has said about all that can be said. May God give you peace. Your so brave to share your news. I truly wish you the best.

I’m sorry you’ve received this news. Like others have said don’t give up. Life has a funny way of proving people wrong. Take care and make every day count x

No one wants to hear that sort of news JR, but in telling your friends on the forum you have taken the first hurdle and hopefully you will find the comfort and support you will need along the way. We are all here for you. Stay strong and fight for as long as you can. Sending love a good wishes❤️ Carol xxx

I am so sorry to hear that news, sending virtual hugs to comfort you during this time. We are always here if you want to chat. Take each day as it comes.🙏🙏🙏🙏💐💜

Thinking of you xxx

Hi JR, so sorry to hear your sad news. Take care, Maximonkey

I hope that this time , as I have said to John, is peaceful and positive for you. Allowing you to choose how you spend it and absorbing all the love and friendship around you. My very best wishes

Grace

That must have been very difficult for you to hear! Just because they said that doesn’t mean it’s always so though! Sending you JR1951 all the best wishes I can that you get the time you want. Xx

So sorry to hear this. X

Sad to hear your news ...... concentrate on getting the chemo drugs . Good luck .....and stay strong .....

Jo.

Praying that you are here much longer than what they said.

Such sad news JR19, these times must be very hard for you ...I hope what other have experienced with going way past predicted date that it applies to you to. .....my prayers and hugs go out to you. Xxx

Just make the most of every summers day and enjoy every moment of the world that you can “ for you are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars “ my mothers favourite piece from the poem Desederata , XX

So sorry to read your news. Are you getting support? Is your local hospice involved? They are very good. Our younger daughter worked in a hospice. One of their mottoes was “We can’t add days to your life but we can add life to your days.”Love

Kate xx

Don’t give up JR, sending love 🧡

So sorry to hear that, JR. Big virtual ((((hugs)))).

Hard news indeed for you. Hope you manage to find some joy in small things and have good support.

Sad news, sending a warm hugg. I hope you can live the life you have left and spent time with those you love

So sorry to hear that.

Oh you poor love that’s tough tough tough. Hope you have good loving people around you, and manage to cram in some good things and have some joyous moments still .

So sorry to hear this, special prayers and blessings to you.

Thinking of you JR 🌺💖🍎🍇

You may also like...