Apixaban Eliquis anticoagulant medica... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation

47,658 members56,587 posts

Apixaban Eliquis anticoagulant medication

Rainmon
Rainmon

Hi, Has anyone had any side effects / reactions to this blood thinning medication? I’ve had problems, breathing. Really appreciate any feedback, thanks

7 Replies
Damon1864
Damon1864Volunteer

Hi, I'm on Apixaban I struggle with breathing. Hope this helps knowing there are other people who have the same problem. Have a good night and take care 😊 Bernadette and Jack 🐕 xxxxxx

I was on apixaban. It made me itch. I have bronchiectasis and on both that and rivaroxaban I had bleeds from my lungs. Given my light weight and the risk of bleeding my cardiologist agreed that on balance I should not take anticoagulants.

I was on Apixaban it made me really unwell I would struggle with breathing about 1hour after taking it. I was changed to Edoxaban which has been much better for me.

Hi. I've been on Apixaban for about 5 months now and no problems. Sorry, I cant help. John

I've been on Apixaban, because of AF, for the past year and have no issues.

Hi I take Qvar inhaler to prevent asthma. Which if does for me. Take Apixaban for PAfib. No side effects that I have noticed. Seems well tolerated.

I was on Eliquis, and then Zarelto and have serious breathing problems. Switched to Warfarin which was ok. Now I am on Brilinta and having serious breathing problems. I can't work out, take a walk or carry things. Apparently there is an ingredient common to blood thinners (except warfarin) that causes an allergic reaction. Unfortunately, warfarin is not appropriate for post stents.

You may also like...