Greetings from Cornwall : This is the... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation

46,600 members โ€ข 55,012 posts

Greetings from Cornwall

madonbrew
madonbrew
โ€ข66 Replies

This is the stunning view we have from the cottage weโ€™re staying in in Polperro. Apparently there were dolphins here recently...that would be so cool to spot some! ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ

66 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Thatโ€™s a beautiful view Dee. Have a wonderful time and hope you see some dolphins. Xxxx๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to sassy59

Think itโ€™s too cold for the dolphins ๐Ÿ˜ข

sassy59
sassy59 in reply to madonbrew

Maybe it is but never mind. Hope youโ€™re having a good time xxxxxx๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ‘

What a lovely photo,enjoy your stay Dee but put the heating on it looks as cold as oop here. :) x

p.s if you find any dolphins in the bathroom complain to the letting agents. :)

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to skischool

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ No dolphins in the bathroom!

It looks lovely ๐ŸŒŠ I hope you have a wonderful time and see some dolphins ๐Ÿฌ

Itโ€™s very cute!

Although the hill isnโ€™t!

Oh dear! I hope you're managing the hill ok ๐Ÿ”๏ธ

Amazingly my asthma hasnโ€™t been bad...even on these hills! Maybe itโ€™s the sea air?

It could well be. Hopefully you'll get to see the dolphins too, that really lifts the spirits ๐Ÿฌ

Damon1864
Damon1864Volunteer

That looks idyllic really beautiful. Have a goodnight and stay safe ๐Ÿ˜Š Bernadette and Jack ๐Ÿ• xxxx

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Damon1864

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you! It is a bit chilly and has been chucking with rain! But itโ€™s stunning! ...other than we are up a massive, steep hill...might need my inhaler! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Enjoy your break and hope weather improves. The wind, rough seas and dark skyโ€™s remind me of the smuggling history in that part of the world.

J

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to judes

Thereโ€™s a museum just down the bottom of the hill about the smugglers...except itโ€™s closed.

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to judes

How are you doing Judes? Are you still in hospital?

Wow that looks wild and raw but I bet itโ€™s prety 2 ๐Ÿ˜Š Injoy ur break x

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to JerryMaren

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š Hows your half term going?

JerryMaren
JerryMaren in reply to madonbrew

Its bin lazie so far ๐Ÿ’ค ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿ›Œ ๐Ÿ“š ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hidden
Hidden

Gawd bless my county, even though Iโ€™m only half Cornish ha ha

Picture postcard effect. Beautiful. Lucky you. How long are you staying? Time to see the dolphins hopefully.

One week.Think it might be too cold for dolphins?

Oh my. This reminds me that I need a holiday. ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘’

It's absolutely beautiful Dee. Yesterday I was reading about a very friendly and popular dolphin in Ireland, that was very loved by the inhabitants. He visited for decades and the locals got used to seeing him. He's almost forty years old and recently has not been sighted. They think it's because of the lockdown and not seeing people anymore he's moved on. Or because of his age, he's died. Dolphins are such beautiful creatures. I hope you see some. ๐Ÿ‹ I don't have a dolphin emoji!

Enjoy your break.

Cas xx ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ•

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Caspiana

Aww, they are amazing creatures arenโ€™t they! My dad used to work on the ships ๐Ÿšข and he said a man fell overboard once & a dolphin came& kept pushing him up to the surface until he was rescued! Awesome!

Yes, holidays are so important! Just a change of scenery even! Hope you manage to enjoy a break somewhen!

๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜

Dee x

Caspiana
Caspiana in reply to madonbrew

The government is promoting travel now within it's borders to stimulate the economy. Travel and shirt holidays are very cheap. So I may take advantage of it and go somewhere. But Chom will hate me forever! xx ๐Ÿ˜…

Love Cornwall. Had many holidays there. My favourite places of all time were Porthcurno and the Minack theatre. Fabulous. St Ives and Bude. Wonderful.

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Biofreak

It is lovely isnโ€™t it...so pretty!

Would you like a painting of that view? It is my kind of scene.

Let me know.

Kate xx

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Katinka46

That would be stunning! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Katinka46
Katinka46 in reply to madonbrew

I will give it a go. And if I am more or less happy with it (never completely satisfied, of course) I will post it and message you to see how to get it to you.

Kate xxx

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Katinka46

Can reply properly now! That would be amazing! Iโ€™m sure you would do an amazing job! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Love Cornwall, enjoy your time , hope you get to see the dolphins . We need holidays to keep us going ๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ˜˜

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Titchykath

Thank you! Yes, we totally need a holiday sometimes! I think theyโ€™re really important! Just to relax and a change of scenery! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I live on the other side, on the north coast. Welcome, it's not all that warm at the moment, is it? Always beautiful, though.

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to vambo

Aww what a beautiful part of the country to live! Yes, a bit on the chilly side!

Breathtaking beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Beachballs

Youโ€™re welcome!

That's beautiful! What a great thing to look out on that every day. Have you got some binoculars for dolphin watching?

Binoculars have a different name in our household. We gave our little godson some children's ones one Christmas. When we saw him he said, 'I really like your knockers!' His slightly embarrassed mum explained that he couldn't say binoculars - and we've called them 'knockers' ever since ! He's now a married man so I hope he's learned to say the word properly now, otherwise he'll be getting into trouble. Haha!

Have a great time. xx Moy

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to MoyB

Not sure weโ€™ll see any dolphins! Might be too cold!

Thatโ€™s brilliant about the knockers ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Takes me back to happy, sunnier days long ago. xx

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Alberta56

Nice memories!

That view is stunning, the weather looks a bit moody, but I love the ever changing view with the weather. Enjoy x x x๐ŸŒžโ˜”๐ŸŒฅ๐ŸŒง

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Shirleyj

We went crabbing in the pouring rain โ˜”๏ธ today ๐Ÿ˜‚

Shirleyj
Shirleyj in reply to madonbrew

It's got to be done x x๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚โ˜”โ˜”

What a view, stunning. I would take plenty of pictures so i could continue looking at this when i got home, althought the very kind offer from Katinka will ensure you can do this. Enjoy your time there x

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Izb1

Have taken lots of pictures! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Amazing view!.

Do hope you catch sight of some dolphins.

Have a lovely holiday.

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to ninelives

Thank you! Itโ€™s beautiful..we just have a mammoth hill to walk up to cottage!

Wonderful view- the sea is so calming for well being - well I think so- enjoy and hopefully you get to see dolphins xx Anita

I love the sea! So awesome & powerful!

Hi Dee it is lovely in Polpero I have been there one or twice. Hope you enjoy your holiday and hope you see some dolphins xx

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Patsy164

Thank you! Itโ€™s such a sweet little place! Think itโ€™s too cold for dolphins ๐Ÿฌ

Stunning! Hope the dolphins put in an appearance xx

How are you and Lola coping with the lockdown?

i went shopping and got lots of food in for Lola, I bought some books online and my friend has lent me a couple of his box sets for my dvd player, i really don't like going out of the flat anymore. How are you and Baby doing lovely? xxxx

Baby and the family are fine thanks for asking and we are doing the very best we can given the unusual circumstances at present.

I went to polperro years ago and it will be nice when I can get out and about again when things are more settled and here in Wales we have been locked down again.

Bless you and all the others in tiers 2&3! Itโ€™s tough when you literally canโ€™t go anywhere again. Iโ€™m very fortunate living in Dorset where there have been very few cases in the scheme.

What a awesome view ๐Ÿž

๐Ÿ˜Š

What a wonderful view to wake up tรฒ. Did you know that before you went or is a first time there ?

Have a lovely break and send us some more views please.

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to Jaybird19

Actually I only came because my sister and brother-in-law and little nephew were coming and there was a spare space in the cottage. Soo didnโ€™t know how lovely it would be! Iโ€™ll pop another photo on!

Great view. I hope that you can make it down to the harbour and back without too much difficulty.

I would second Jaybird's request for more photos if you have a mind to send any. Long time since I was in Polperro and am never likely to visit there again. Enjoy your holiday.

madonbrew
madonbrew in reply to CDPO16

Amazingly my asthma had been ok! Good even! Maybe itโ€™s the sea air?!

That's good to know, Dee. It will make your holiday so much more enjoyable.

Miserable weather up north, hope you are faring better xx

You may also like...