Lungs: Has anyone else got asthma... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
41,084 members47,159 posts

Lungs

Has anyone else got asthma, bronchiectasis and bilateral pulmonary embolisms?

What's being done about it?

How do you manage?

5 Replies
oldestnewest

I have Asthma and Bronchiectasis but not Pulmonary Embolisms as far as I know. But I'm sure someone will come along soon who has all three.

1 like

I have asthma and bronchiectasis

Had an ultrasound which diagnosed bronchiectasis so not sure how x-ray can see it as my x-ray didn't show anything

1 like

I have bronchiectasis since I was 8 months old I am now 72 I am just starting to try out tumeric and it seems to help well worth reading about it

2 likes

Hi there

I have had all three since the age of 15.

When I was younger I never really understood the conditions just kind of excepted what the drs told me and took the treatments

My embolisms occurred more than 3 times very close episodes. Which resulted in me having to take heparin for life I am now 42yrs old I could not take tablets as my body rejected them resulting in another PE. So hence having to inject everyday . The other conditions I have inhalers for and try to manage the best I can .

It's only the last two years my lungs have worsened and i have been on antibiotics alot.

I still exercise everyday even when i feel breathless and eat really well.

I take vitamin D and B supplements.

I have to say it's not easy with these conditions as the PE's can be very dangerous .

It's all about management and taking rest when you need it and asking for help if you need it too.

Please feel free to ask me anything more

All the best

😎

Thanks for you message. Inspiring to hear you soldiering on from so young. And it's reassuring not being alone . Exercise when can and rest when need, sound words to remember. Thanks

You may also like...