Gone for a walk: Needed some shopping... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
41,088 members β€’ 47,162 posts

Gone for a walk

Needed some shopping, stop relying on others I told myself, you have to get fit.

Loaded up Google maps and it's 2.4 miles to the supermarket, I can do that, used to walk about 40 miles a day in my job.

Should of left later, school time and boy can they smoke, I must of stunk like that when I smoked, would like to tell them of the dangers but you hear stories of rowdy teens.

Nearly there and need a seat, all these cars really put out a fog and a stink, I never smelt it in the past.

Be a taxi home I think, followed by a hot chocolate and porridge.

Unless I nod off as soon as I get in πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

15 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Yep, it's sad. At least you know now to leave and return earlier! Lots more traffic around school pick up times too. Have you got a back pack to carry that shopping? I always wear a Buff or scarf to pull up to filter out the worst fumes.

4 likes

Ended up with 4 bags full, 1 more than baa baa the sheep πŸ˜‚

Well done you!

1 like

Well done for getting there and back, exhausted but hey you did it. Every little helps. Hope you bought some goodies to munch. Jane

1 like

Too many goodies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Good for you Keith. Take it easy now. Xxxx😘

1 like

Nap time for sure now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 like

Wow I admire you being able to walk that distance. Although my copd is mild my back is so bad I can't walk 100 yards without pain! x

3 likes

I sympathise with you there Bev. Back pain is terrible. Xxxx

2 likes

Thank you sassy. I wish my friends in real life realised that too. x

2 likes

Well done for making the effort, understand what you mean about the polution. Hope you got yourself a treat

1 like

Waaay too many, my nap lasted til midnight, so been up all night πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 like

Not such a happy experience then? but well done you did it

1 like

Was enjoyable apart from the unenjoyable parts πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Well done on a supreme effort. You certainly deserved that hot choclate and the nap. πŸ™‚

1 like

You may also like...