British Lung Foundation
39,133 members45,976 posts

Oncology follow up.

Back to the hospital this morning for a follow up appointment. The Oncologist, a new one to me, my usual one is on maternity leave, he was very pleased with my progress and amazed to find that I am still so active and without any fatigue. My lungs are totally clear, with air moving in and out freely and no congestion. So a repeat performance in 3 months time, hopefully a repeat of the results again.

It was rather cold this morning, cold enough to have dug out my snood once more. I do hope that it is not going to be another cold winter and the Climate Forecast System charts are correct. This one shows the 2 meter above sea level, temperature anomaly from the ten year average, charts.

cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/...

41 Replies
oldestnewest

Very good results 2greys and let’s hope we have a milder winter. Take care xxxx

1 like

Great news! So pleased for you. :) Mx

1 like

Can't help but think back to the time when you had to make the decision between surgery or treatment. How right you were to go for the treatment. Brilliant!! :-)

1 like

Yes, that was a really tough choice to make at the time but I am pleased that I seem to have made the right call. The surgery odds were really abysmal, I did want the tumour removed until the surgeon told me the odds of what may happen. Still, all water under the bridge now, I made my choice and hopefully that will be the end of the matter in four years time.

2 likes

Glad you got such brilliant results

Lovely results!

Obviously you're doing something right.

Best,

TomTitTot

1 like

Well done, so glad to hear the news xx

1 like

That’s great to hear.I bet your shoulders feel so much lighter now.

1 like

Yes, a lot lighter, if I'm honest I have been awake since 3:30 am, with it playing on my mind. Along with staying up on Mon because of trying to comfort Sinbad as he passed, on my lap, I have lost a fair amount of sleep this week. I don't think I can catch up over the weekend either, with fireworks going off until 1 am each night around here.

1 like

Let off a few fireworks of your own after a couple of xxx wadsworths and a meal at your favourite watering hole. Do avoid the bonfire though. Good news.

Ski's minus Scruffy xx

3 likes

I am there now, it has become a regular feature on Friday evenings now when Sharon is not working, she likes doing the meat draw 🍖 and quite often wins something (for me to cook). I will not be outdoors with all the smoke and fumes, I have more respect for my lungs nowadays.

How are you feeling now the valves have been fitted. Or is still early days yet?

1 like

Well done you, 2G. :) :)

1 like

Really good news

Wear that snood and take care

Corin

1 like

Excellent news. So pleased for you.

Kate x

1 like

Pleased for you Buy yourself a buff they are better than a snood really keep warm air in

I have just bought 2 for my grandson for when he goes climbing.if you go on eBay they sell over runs of what company’s have made with their name on

Wish I had known I paid 25 for mine

1 like

Delighted to hear your good news. Long may it continue.

1 like

So pleased for you that's just what you needed to hear, well done xxx

1 like

alll the best 2greys.pleassed 4 you.

1 like

So pleased your results were excellent, 2greys, just what the doctor ordered!! Hope you can relax and sleep through tonight, fireworks and all xx

1 like

Great news....x

1 like

So pleased that you have had such positive news. My husband has his first CT scan after treatment at the end of November followed by a consultation on the 18th December will this be an early Christmas present, or a deep depressive episode. We will have to wait and see. Well done to you. Keep warm.

Best wishes

proffishopper

2 likes

Have faith, although SABR is relatively new, it is tried and tested with a slightly better prognosis than surgery.

That is such great news and I am so happy for you. All your exercises and healthy living must be a big contributing factor in this, so all your efforts and hard work have totally been worthwhile. 👍 Keep warm and I hope you can get some sleep.

1 like

You deserve good news 2greys. You have been inspirational to others. I include myself in that statement. May it continue so you can enjoy your holiday.

1 like

So very pleased for you. How wonderful are the medical professionals nowadays😊 I’m sure the repeat results will be as positive. Keep warm and covered up! Xxx

1 like

Great news. What an inspiration you are to the rest of us.

1 like

Good result. You put most of us to shame as you keep so fit. I also hope for a milder winter, I hate the cold weather. Although so far this year I have managed to stay infection free after 5 last year.

I am being investigated for reflux ( hoarse voice and dry cough) so every few weeks I am having another procedure. So far I have had camera in throat via noise, barium swallow and this week a ct scan with dye via cannula. Off to Nottingham in a few days to visit family so no more appt's for next 2 weeks.

1 like

It is not intentional, to put anyone to shame. It is extremely hard and quite painful sometimes, trying to be as fit as I can. I cannot blame anyone for not doing it. For most of you, working would not be an option anyway, the door to that, fully closed by employers, you simply would not get a chance. To be honest even if an employer wished to give you a chance, their insurance cover would not allow it. I am just lucky and "playing that card" of being self employed to it's limit where I can. Who knows, maybe the discrimination of access to work might end. Many pensioners work well into retirement successfully, why should we "lungies" be denied the opportunity should we wish it.

3 likes

Great News, Hun, You & Sharon can relax after your recent Ordeal. Hope her Hand is better. Best wishes to You, Sharon & Cinders. keep warm. xxxx

1 like

Well done, so pleased to know your decision did pay off, and you had such good news after your horrible recent experience with the handsome Sinbad. Keep up the good work !

1 like

Good news at the end of a not so nice week for you. Take care.

1 like

Good to hear you're doing so well. xx Moy

1 like

That’s good news 2greys. Lets hope we don’t have too severe a winter.

1 like

Excellent news 2Grey's. Very happy for you. Onwards and upwards now. Take care. xx

1 like

Brilliant news so pleased for you. 😊

1 like

So lovely to have some good news 2greys, really really great!

1 like

That's a very encouraging report, all seems to be positive - hope the search for a new friend for the lovely Cinders turns out as successfully.

Hi there. I’m new here so don’t know your background but well done and thanks for sharing good news with us all here. Keep it up. Best wishes

Thank you.

You can view any members profile and posts by clicking on their name, of course it does depend on them completing it and keeping it up to date.

Thank you for that. Best wishes

Great news! Well done!

You may also like...