British Lung Foundation
39,584 members46,398 posts

Bronchiolosis? Adults?

I am undergoing tests and my doctor mentioned that I could have something called bronchiolosis. I cannot find any information on this (apart from in infants and I'm in my 40's). Does anyone know what this is please and whether it shows up on CT scans? Many thanks :-)

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Are you referring to Bronchiolitis? which is what search engines return when Bronchiolosis is searched for.

healthline.com/health/bronc...

Hi 2greys. :-) No, I saw that too. But it was definitely bronchiolosis which is why I'm struggling to find it. Maybe I'll have to wait till I see the doc again and go from there.

I was going to “parrot” 2Greys (sorry, couldn’t resist it), I have Obliterative Bronchiolitis and can find nothing on Bronchiolosis. Very interested. Let us know when you have seen your doctor.

1 like

I will do - thank you both.

Katinka46 - just out of curiosity in case I have mis heard the doctor - how was your bronchiolitis diagnosed if it's ok to ask? I had a lung heamorage 6 weeks ago and have had bad breathing and constant cough with regular chest infections for 2-3 years. I have had a CT but they are doing further a HRCT? Does that sound similar? Please don't feel you have to reply obviously. Thank you.

It’s a long story. Is it all right if I get back to you tomorrow. Evenings are difficult. All the best

Kate xx

1 like

Yes of course - no rush. I'm not due to find out my end till Feb. Keep well. xx

I have just PMd you. Click on the 'Chat' icon.

K

An inflammation of the small bronchi..they narrow I believe and you have difficulty breathing..

-itis is when it is acute, -osis is when it is chronic usually..sorry that’s the best I can do. Take care.

Thank you Happylondon - this helps. I know my answer isn't definitive yet but it's nice to be able to understand what something possibly is so I can be prepared either way. Thank you.

1 like

You may also like...