British Lung Foundation
37,630 members44,713 posts

Thank you (yet again)

Thanks to everyone for all your replies, a very overwhelming response and I am really touched. I feel I do not deserve it all, it is the NHS hospital staff that deserves all the credit and fate, for delivering me from the clutches of ........

All I have done is to document my journey for the benefit of others facing the same dilemma. Having to face up to a lung cancer diagnosis is one thing, but with having an existing respiratory condition and it's attendant complications, it is completely different ball game, with being excluded from certain treatments, like surgery. To give them hope and light at the end of a what can be a very dark tunnel.

It has also opened up conversation regarding lung cancer, that has been little discussed here, so that is good too. It does need to be talked about because COPD and lung cancer can both be from the same causes, whether it be from smoking or air pollution. To get both like me, does have mixed blessings. I just hope this contribution will be of real help to others in the future which has been my sole aim.

15 Replies
oldestnewest

You are most welcome 😊 thank you for sharing x

Fran

2 likes

I think you may underestimate how much your helpful advice is appreciated - keeping track of all the latest developments and sharing them with us all. So, not surprised at all that you had so many responses wishing you well.

5 likes

Well 2greys you can rest assured you have certainly met your sole aim and brought the subject of his suffering with the big C and unable to have surgery to the foground .....your journey has been very informative and insightful to many unfortunate to have similar diagnosis.

Along the way you have also stirred the thoughts of many here on the forum who consider themselves lucky not to have gone through the nightmare you and your family have been put through. It is that we care and want to help and support you in any way we can this being in our thoughts and words is the only way we can show this.

We are all so genuinely pleased that it turned to good news and that it continues that way. Take care xxx

7 likes

We are glad to be of some small help, as you journeyed bravely through the diagnosis and treatment. Just so glad it has worked out so well for you. Thanks to you for all the science developments you look out for us all. You provide useful information on possible treatments and most of all, hope for our futures too. We’re very grateful 2greys. I for one tend to get immersed in the reading link, and tend to forget to come back to your post to say Thank you. You are very generous 🙏

5 likes

Your a star 2greys and it’s been a privilege to travel along with you throughout your treatment.

Wishing everything good for the future. Xxxxx

6 likes

I think you’re very courageous sharing what’s going on with you. I haven’t been here very long, or known you very long, but it’s a privilege and also enlightening to hear about your experience. And you share a lot of links to information that has totally passed me by, I’ve spent many a long lonely night reading the articles and reports you’ve posted about. So a big thanks, and wishing you well for the future.

6 likes

Hi 2 Greys. You're a brilliant person sharing everything with us and all the research links that you post that gives us hope. :)

2 likes

Thank you for keeping us updated.

2 likes

Watching/Reading your Journey has inspired so many with COPD and /or Lung cancer. Thank You 2g's. xxxx

2 likes

Dear 2gs, you most certainly do deserve the response you've received. The courage you've shown in facing your cancer is remarkable. Sheila xxx

2 likes

I can only agree with all the previous comments 2Gs - it's been a privilege to share your journey.

You are truly a person of tremendous strength and courage only enhanced by your modesty and magnanimous character. We are so lucky that you are with us - your contributions are priceless. Thank you and God bless.

1 like

Thank you 2 greys, you’re a star 🌟,wonderful person.

Thank you 2greys for allowing us to follow you on your journey, you truly are a star and deserve a medal for remaining so postitive.🎖irene x

Thank you so much 2greys you are such an inspiration and your very much appreciated 💖

All the best dear 2greys.

Kind regards

Susan 🐘

You may also like...