Phew!!: I once was fat and chubby, And... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
40,845 members46,773 posts

Phew!!

I once was fat and chubby,

And wanted to lose weight.

Then hot weather came along,

At first I thought it great.

But now I think I've had enough,

And wish that it would rain.

Cos if it doesn't happen soon

I'll have dripped right down the drain.

30 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant ❤️

1 like

Sending you a nice cool beer Master Po . :)

Ski's and a cool cat.x

4 likes

Ah......I was beginning to wonder where you were, good to have a chuckle again. Have to say - even 'just plodding' has been a bit too much today.

1 like

Fantastic take a bow😂 love Bernadette xx

2 likes

Same here Don, got lots more melting to go yet thoug lol. Xxx 😘💖🤣

1 like

Perfect, but I think I would need many,many,many heatwaves before I would lose weight 😞 lol Peg xxx

1 like

I'm sure that's not true Pegbl. 😊 Bernadette xx

1 like

Ohhhhhbut it is.....just like somebody keeps pumping me up with a by cycle pump while I'm asleep lol🤣XxxPeg

3 likes

Haha..😃😃

1 like

So glad to see you again.

We’d missed you.

Love and a slippery hug

K xxxx

4 likes

May I echo that please. Missed you very much Don xx

1 like

Only said to my wife today that I hadn't seen your posts , glad to see your still on top form Don.

2 likes

So good to read you "have returned"!! This very hot weather is a testing time for us and our four legged friends. I wonder,does Midge swim? Have you been coping ok in this weather?

2 likes

We both used to swim when we were younger, now we just have cold showers to keep cool.

2 likes

Hello Don. 😊

Very nice to see you. xx 🙋🐕

2 likes

Nice to see you back Don.love your poem

1 like

Hi Don, Welcome Back, and of course Slim Midge. This ode reflects a few of us I'm sure, always looking for a way to lose weight...Thank You. Ha Ha Love n Hugs xxx

2 likes

Our own poet loiret,Mr Don Rhymer,Ive lost 4st Don..naaa that's a lie put on more like 🙄 all the ice cream to cool down to blame lol

1 like

It certainly is a grand time for losing weight - salads are much more tempting in this weather. I',m 65.1 kg this morning and blood pressure back in the more normal range.

2 likes

Very good Don. Keep them coming. I read them all. I will send you my big floor standing fan, hope it helps. We haven't had heat like this for years. x

1 like

What fun! That has cheered me up.

Dan

1 like

Hooray! You're back!! You've been missed, Don. Love the ode today - spot on! xx Moy

1 like

If only Don-Rhymer, if only 🤣😂.

1 like

There's time yet! :-o

Good one Don ! I wondered where you were. Probably off with your little caravan no doubt. Did you see Stone's post about dog's feet getting burnt in this weather ? I'd hate the thought of little Midge suffering. At first, although I absolutely hate hot weather, I told myself at least I'm saving on central heating, But I've got fans going day and night so I don't know how that will affect bills. Anyway it's good to see you back Don. Love to you and a kiss on the nose for Midge. Sheila xx

1 like

LOLLOL That is GREAT!!! What a good mind you have! I am a poet also!

1 like

Ha,ha,ha. Great.

1 like

love it and can relate.

1 like

so cute

1 like

Great, as funny as ever. Thanks

You may also like...