British Lung Foundation
36,499 members โ€ข 43,714 posts

Senescent cells..part one

Hello supportive friends!

As I said to BSA, I finished the book..

Some excerpts about aging..

There are some goods points, if I start with the conclusion ๐Ÿ˜ƒ the pharmaceutical industry could develop meds for the elderly and I will add that I am sure they will find it worthwhile in view of the growing numbers !!

โ€œSenescent cells accumulate in the body over a lifetime-especially in the skin, liver, lung and spleen-and have both beneficial and detrimental effects. They are beneficial because they secrete factors which help repair damaged tissues, but over a long period of time, as senescent cells increase in number, they can disrupt the normal structure of organs and tissues.โ€

14 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Fascinating stuff Fran. As you say the number of elderly living longer is increasing all the time. Letโ€™s see what happens.

Have a good day. Xxxxx

3 likes

Hello Carole, hope so too! Science progresses fast!! Xx

2 likes

I hope itโ€™s fast enough to include me! I always think the necessary multiple checks, tests and guinea pigs slow it down SO much unfortunately! Thanks for the info though....donโ€™t know where you find it all ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”!

Another light covering of snow here so itโ€™s a mug of cocoa then off to fetch the children from nursery ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ (thereโ€™s not a Gran plus kiddies emoji)๐Ÿคซ xx

2 likes

Sorry in that book, see part two xx

Very interesting. Maybe I'm young enough to benefit...but then again the slow pace these things take probably not!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ By the time my girls are grown up only a miracle will help me ha ha!

Thanks for the informative post though Fran xx

2 likes

Hello my dear Anne

You donโ€™t have that problem, your immune cells are fast and know where to go!!

So that is comforting!!!

Love

Fran ๐Ÿ’—

2 likes

Yes very true... ๐Ÿ˜‰ Its a shame my brain isn't so efficient lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Your brain is functioning perfectly well!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’–

2 likes

Most of the time...I have been known to suffer from 'baby-brain' occasionally though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Yes? You and me together!! ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป

Oh no ! I feel like I've already read it. Could've saved a tenner! ( A lot of brass to a Yorkshireman, lol. ) ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜

2 likes

Sorry I only gave very few quotes you will read and understand so much more

Hi again. Please don't apologize as it's totally unnecessary. My reply was 100% tongue- in- cheek. Take care. ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

It is a lot of money though... ha ha ! ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

You may also like...