British Lung Foundation
34,276 members • 41,674 posts

Senescent cells..part one

Hello supportive friends!

As I said to BSA, I finished the book..

Some excerpts about aging..

There are some goods points, if I start with the conclusion 😃 the pharmaceutical industry could develop meds for the elderly and I will add that I am sure they will find it worthwhile in view of the growing numbers !!

“Senescent cells accumulate in the body over a lifetime-especially in the skin, liver, lung and spleen-and have both beneficial and detrimental effects. They are beneficial because they secrete factors which help repair damaged tissues, but over a long period of time, as senescent cells increase in number, they can disrupt the normal structure of organs and tissues.”

14 Replies
oldest • newest

Fascinating stuff Fran. As you say the number of elderly living longer is increasing all the time. Let’s see what happens.

Have a good day. Xxxxx

3 likes

Hello Carole, hope so too! Science progresses fast!! Xx

2 likes

I hope it’s fast enough to include me! I always think the necessary multiple checks, tests and guinea pigs slow it down SO much unfortunately! Thanks for the info though....don’t know where you find it all 🤔🤔!

Another light covering of snow here so it’s a mug of cocoa then off to fetch the children from nursery 👩‍👧‍👦 (there’s not a Gran plus kiddies emoji)🤫 xx

2 likes

Sorry in that book, see part two xx

Very interesting. Maybe I'm young enough to benefit...but then again the slow pace these things take probably not!! 😂 By the time my girls are grown up only a miracle will help me ha ha!

Thanks for the informative post though Fran xx

2 likes

Hello my dear Anne

You don’t have that problem, your immune cells are fast and know where to go!!

So that is comforting!!!

Love

Fran 💗

2 likes

Yes very true... 😉 Its a shame my brain isn't so efficient lol 😂

1 like

Your brain is functioning perfectly well!! 😃💖

2 likes

Most of the time...I have been known to suffer from 'baby-brain' occasionally though 😂😂

1 like

Yes? You and me together!! 👶🏻👶🏻👶🏻👶🏻

Oh no ! I feel like I've already read it. Could've saved a tenner! ( A lot of brass to a Yorkshireman, lol. ) 😭😁

2 likes

Sorry I only gave very few quotes you will read and understand so much more

Hi again. Please don't apologize as it's totally unnecessary. My reply was 100% tongue- in- cheek. Take care. 😁

1 like

It is a lot of money though... ha ha ! 😂

1 like

You may also like...