British Lung Foundation
33,781 members41,232 posts

Nublizer filter

Nublizer filter

Hello I'm foxy79 I would like to say I just bein in hospital yesterday for a new antibiotics called colomicine and thus you can use via nublizer I'm on sulbutmol but wasn't working but I was given 4 filters to change and when I looked at my old one it had layers of dust made it like a brick it's disgusting I don't have the words for it I didn't even know about the filter and know it made a big difference please check yours and change them every few months there's it is if you don't have any you can get them from physiotherapy or your clinic but please change them and you will see the difference thanks

12 Replies
oldestnewest

That is good advice Foxy79.

5 likes

Hi I'm happy to have been some assistance take care thanks again

3 likes

Many thanks for the tip

Bill

2 likes

Good advice Foxy. It really does make a difference to the speed. Our hospital equipment pool now put 4 spare filters in our annual change of nebuliser.

Cx

3 likes

Hi that's great glad to be some help as that's how it should be with everyone thanks

2 likes

My pleasure that's how it should be with everyone thanks

1 like

Hi that's great news I'm glad to have been some assistance take care thanks

1 like

Hi Foxy, good to see you and thanks for the reminder. I changed Petes nebuliser filter a short time ago and it was just as you described.

I will be ordering future filters online as Pete no longer goes to the Royal Brompton hospital. Easy to do though.

Take care xxxxx

2 likes

I just found out last week about mine

1 like

Thanks for that can I ask are you in the uk 🇬🇧 and what is the anti biotic for?

Hi. That's great advice.

Going to change mine now. Thanks for the reminder.

Hope you are feeling better.

Hello Alan

Yes I'm in Britain. I'm British born Asian I have copd respiratory type 2 asthma broncechtisis emphysema I'm on oxygen nebulizer and bipeb machine everyday with lots of tablets know I have been given colomicine it's a very strong antibiotics only you can get it in hospital or through IVF but I'm getting it via nublizer cause I have pseudomnas which ciprofloxacin can kill all the bugs colomicine kills it [edited]

1 like

You may also like...