British Lung Foundation
36,593 members43,785 posts

Living with Institial Lung Disease

Greetings,

I accidentally stumbled across your group during a Google search. I live in Australia, but your group looked very informative. I would be interested in touching base with people who have developed Intitial Lung Disease as a complication of an auto-immune disease, dermatomyositis. I develop serious chest infections and the last one has been hanging on for 6 months, which could well be the dreaded Aussie flu, which has migrated up your way. Our Lung Foundation advised exercise to reduce the risk of contracting infection and a friend put me onto a device called Incentive Spirometer images-na.ssl-images-amazon... I talked to my physio about this and she said it helps clear out the small airways. I am trying to remember to use it. I've also had good results with fighting chest infections by taking Olive Leaf Extract but it can be a bit rough on my stomach and again I need to remember to take it. I have had ILD for 5 years and it is in remission and aside from crackles which come and go, I am doing okay. I am in my late 40s.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

1 like

Hello and welcome to the forum where will get a lot of useful information and learn about other people advice and the troubles they have and we all try to help each other so again welcome

1 like

Hello Ozrowena .

Welcome to the forum. So pleased you found us. I have Bronchiolitis Obliterans a manifestation of the autoimmune disease Rheumatoid Arthritis.Hoping to hear more from you.

Sending best wishes.

Cas xx 🙋🐕🍀

Hello and welcome Ozrowena. How do you find the olive leaf extract helps fight infection? I am interested to know if it helps fight inflammation in the bronchi. Thanks

You may also like...