British Lung Foundation
36,960 members44,094 posts

faith renewed in my new GPs

After having a moan a while ago about my named GP( a partner) in my change of doctors; faith has been restored. There is a lovely junior who does a fab consultation but unfortunately has to have all prescriptions signed off by my not so lovely GP so I try to see the lady who is good too, however I decided to see the other partner in the practice and how well I've been treated! I took some sputum as advised on here ; he checked out the usual stuff then gave me a prescription and told me to bring fresh sputum in the morn to be sent to the lab. 2 days later he phoned me and said I had to change anti-biotics immediately and that he was sending my prescription to my chemist and could I get it now (Friday night) He then phoned Monday to check I had my new anti biotics and was ok. As I felt the other partner wasn't taking my condition seriously that really restored my faith in changing to them ( We were culled by our previous doctors of 40+ years as we were out of the area now. ) Its difficult when you change doctors and the new practice doesn't know your history.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Good to hear. :)

3 likes

dickinson1954

We got caught the same. We moved to a village which was about a 1/4 mile from our old doctors catchment area. I was worried at first, but the staff from doctors to reception are great. No electronic name alert, the old number system, but my old town practice was getting huge and I don't regret moving one bit..BTW - Your new doctors have your history, it should at least all be wired to your new doctors. All the best with your new practice..

2 likes

Nice to here some good news for a change, hope this approach continues

You may also like...