British Lung Foundation
34,749 members • 42,100 posts

Pleurisy 😡😡

Hi All, I’m new here, I was diagnosed with Pleurisy in August 2017, just before my wedding anniversary, spent that week in bed with meds, a couple of months later I seemed of improved so I thought. Then beginning of December I woke up on a Saturday morning lost my voice, regained my voice a day later, cheat still hurting dizziness loss of appetite, I have flu like symptoms but surely I shouldn’t of had it this long, docs prescribed me anti bitoics which seemed to have cleared up November time, it came back worse by December and all the doc could do was check my test and inflammatory levels which were high and prescribed me naproxen, still don’t seem to have improved, what’s the best thing I can do ??? I’m sick of feeling like this, thanks for any replies

7 Replies
oldest • newest

Have you had a chest X-ray? Think you need one. GP needs to get things properly checked out and stop guessing what's happening, be firm about it. Hope you feel better soon.

1 like

Yeah I’ve had 2 but they keep telling me there clear, I’m wondering if there is any other tests I can push for.

1 like

Full blood work, referral to respiratory unit, ct scan..he must think it is a virus because he gave you naproxen and not steroids..could not be linked to your pleurisy..do you have a lung disease?

1 like

No lung disease as I no of had pneumonia at younger age, just still seem have the sharp pain when taking a deeper breath.

1 like

Hmmmm go to your doctor xx

Go back to your gp and get plenty of rest. I was diagnosed with pleurisy in July and although tonnes better still have pain in my side. Hope you get better soon

Ok thanks for your reply, it’s hard to get rest, having a 4 year old and 1 year old and also Work 6 days a week, this day in age sick pay just isn’t worth it, even when signed off

You may also like...