British Lung Foundation
35,319 members42,682 posts

COPD Day & Rehab Update

Hi Everyone,

I have managed to read through lots of posts to update myself...I have Been Busy ( Chuckle) Slowly. I mentioned a few weeks ago about rejoining PR, Well it is amazing how I feel after just 3 sessions of Rehab....I also have continued with My Breathe Easy Exercises and The Gym, so 4 times a week getting out and walking more.. I do use a pedometer every day so I can judge my readings and try and better them. I still don't Hoover, Hubby does that, but other stuff gets easier now... Did a table Top Tombola for COPD Day, that was great. Hope your all Coping and managing as best you Can. Love Carolina XXXX

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi, great that PR is going well and you are keeping busy. Impressed by table top sale. Well done you. Xxxxx

1 like

Keep the exercising up, life is definatly easier when you are fit and active, I hate to think what my life would be like if I was not fit and active.

1 like

Delighted to hear that you are still enjoying PR Carolina. It seems to have made a huge difference to your mobility levels and getting out and about more.i would love to go to a class or group like this but unfortunately, there isn't anything available in my area.

1 like

That is such a shame BJ, I have heard a lot of people saying there is No amenities like PR , because their Areas are rural, ?, maybe if you approached your local MP?. That is why I & PR friends created The Breathe Easy group for our area 4 years ago. I do home exercises also, maybe less now I'm back at PR, but I do find any exercise is a must for this condition, the more we can move the better for our Lungs. I've been indoors all day, though I planned my day, a slow process of cleaning my kitchen cupboards , other things needed doing, I put my Pedometre on this morning , I was pleased with 1,360 steps, mostly on Oxygen, makes it easier. Tomorrow it will Double at Rehab. maybe triple, as I go Friday shopping afterwards. Take care Hun, good Luck & do what you can. XXX Carolina.

1 like

Carolina,you have indeed taken the bull by the horns with your regime and it is obviously working wonders for your lung function,as BJ says it is a post code lottery for PR courses and the like,and living in outer Manchester we could hardly be called rural,but we have the same problem.Anyway your determination is inspiring and i for one will make an even bigger effort once my friend Hernie is banished..................amor y mejores deseos skis y scruffineta x

1 like

Gracias carino, Estoy Mejor, por que, la gente aqui es magnafic y Suporte me mucho.

Thank You darlings, Off to Rehab now, then my Normal Friday Shopping.. Wishing you a Great weekend and your adorable Scruffenita....Amor y Besos a Ti Skis. xxxxx

1 like

You may also like...