British Lung Foundation
36,901 members44,067 posts

Hi I’m Patsy and I am a new member. I have read posts on this site before but have not joined, some posts have helped me understand my problems and that I am not alone. Decided to join today. I suffer with severe asthma with constant flare ups I use antibiotics and steroids when ill. I am 65 and have had pneumonia twice, once on holiday on a cruise in 2013 and this year in February but have not been right since the last bout. I am feeling really fed up with it all as some family members and some friends do not understand and feel I am letting them down. Does anyone else have this problem? Would love to hear your stories.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

I don't have asthma but did want to welcome you to the forum. :)

2 likes

Thank you 😀

1 like

I think healthy people don't understand those with a lung disease. It a universal problem no matter what the disease is, because it is invisible. Nor do they understand the difficulties we are faced with on a daily basis. That is why the self help groups are invaluable, we truly understand because we have similar problems. So welcome and join in.

6 likes

Thank you for your message. My Mother suffered and died of lung problems so I suppose I am the exception. It helps to know other people’s problems are similar to your own so you feel you are not alone 😀

1 like

hI Patsy and welcome aboard so happy you decided to join our happy sometimes crazy family questions ask away we all muck in with answers and help.

Ant

3 likes

Hi Patsy and welcome to HU. This is a great place to let off steam about people who don't understand our illness. And you should pick up some helpful tips too :)

1 like

Thank you Billiejean_2 I hope so as I have been disappointed by some people’s attitudes. Also I’ve been like this for some years and it’s making me feel depressed as I can’t make plans and when I do I let people down.

Patsy never stop making plans,sometimes those plans just take a little longer to achieve......skis and Scruufy cat x

3 likes

You are right I feel that I have been avoiding doing that lately.

1 like

You may also like...