Willyboy: Wwnt for acheckup at work... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
42,100 members48,375 posts

Willyboy

bill196278
bill196278
10 Replies

Wwnt for acheckup at work occupational health nurse non smoker 5ft 8 go to gym 4 days a week got spirometery test done im 53 yrs old 5ft 8 tall was told my lung age is 78 years im pretty fit or at least i thought i was can do 30 minutes on a crosstrainer ata high level was a bit worried to be told this ive tried my sons peak flow meter who has asthma and i can only blow it to 550.what u think

10 Replies
oldestnewest
stone-UK

Hi

From normal flow chart male

Male aged 55 height 65” peak flow 515.

Seems 550 is ok.

What was the result and conclusion of you Spirometer test.

2 likes
Phil36
Phil36
in reply to stone-UK

I've had bronchiectasis for ten years plus, I normally blow 550 when I'm well. If I get a lung infection (too often I'm afraid) I can barely blow 400. 550 is pretty normal. How is your blood/oxygen saturation rate? I struggle to maintain 95 when I'm feeling crap and that goes down when I move about.

Good luck, hope you find some answers.

1 like
bill196278
bill196278
in reply to Phil36

Ty m8hope u keep well ty m8

2 likes
Phil36
Phil36
in reply to bill196278

No worries Bill, keep us posted.

1 like
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Phil36

I am only 10 years older than you (female) and the same height with asthma and mild/mod copd and my blow rate averages 350 when well.

Your figures seems very good to me!

1 like
bill196278
bill196278
in reply to Hidden

Thatswhat i thought i used to blow 650 few years ago iama male too so lung capacity should be higher but the spirometer test showed my lungs are the sgd off a 78 year old yet im only 53

Dragonmum
Dragonmum
in reply to stone-UK

I wish I could blow 550!!

bill196278

Will do m8

LoncinLad

Hello fellow COPD suffers, I take and record my peak flow twice a day. First thing in the morning before my morning inhaler, which gives me a fairly accurate indication on how my day will be breath wise, then later in the evening when the reading is always higher. I can't remember with out looking back at my charts when I last recorded a reading of 250 or over. my readings normally range between 160/70 in the morning & 210/20 at night.

When I have an exacerbation

however these readings drop to 140 in the morning & 180 at night until the prednisolne kick in which is normally 24-36 hours.

I am however able to operate quite normally doing my every day activities which include taking my dog out for a 15 minute walk 3 times a day during the summer months & twice a day during the winter.

Stay well all, Peter

Hidden
Hidden

I'm stage 3 copd and before I started exercising I blew 290 3 months of intense gym work im at 380 with a cold that was today im nearly 60 and living every day for the buzz lol female 5ft 67 kgs xxx

1 like

You may also like...