Getting worse

Good eve everyone I hope you are all well ish .. I had a doc appt today she has signed me of work for a month this time instead of just 2 weeks at a time. She had notice on the short walk from waiting room to her room I was sob more then before . I am due to see my rep nurse on the 12 th and my doc said. I am to ask to be sent to see a consultant as they may have to give me oral meds . Now my question is what can a consultant do that my doc and nurse cannot . What is oral meds does she mean oxygen . And should my doc not be sending me rather then me asking rep nurse . Sorry to sound thick but have been worried about this all afternoon.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Lyn1955. I don't know what oral meds your GP was referring to but one thing I do know is that consultants are the experts in their field whilst GPs know a little about a lot of things. I would always chose to see a consultant who will be keeping up with all the latest developments in respiratory conditions. Please see this as a positive step. I am unsure why she is asking a nurse to refer you though as she could have done it herself.

Lyn, she probably meant IV meds. That's why most of us have to go into hospital - to get IV antibiotics.

The consultant is more qualified and experienced than your GP. Oral meds probably mean inhalers and tablets.

Thank you guys you are all so kind and helpful I am glad I found this sitee. I do live with someone but he does not understand any of this and does not seem to ..I will post when bee to see rep nurse and tell you results

You may also like...