British Lung Foundation

Update on employment

Hi,

Wrote a post about employment as not fit to fly and the company I did work for terminated my contract and put me on garden leave for 4 weeks. It has been a blessing as not only have I been able to spend a lot of time with the family I got a new job 20 minutes away!!!

Every cloud has a silver lining and lucky for me it did.

Thank you to all that gave advice, it really helped!

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Bilbo,As they say sometimes clouds do have silver linings and it is very pleasing to know that such a cloud entered your life and you have had valuable family time and a new job to boot,Thanks for letting us know of your favourable outcome............skis

3 likes

Great news! I hope your former employer ends up kicking themselves in the but for letting a valued employee go. Happier days ahead for you.

4 likes

That really is good news good luck in your new job

Take care

Dorothy

2 likes

Well done that's great.

2 likes

Hello BilboBagshot . So very, very pleased for you. Congratulations. xx 💐

2 likes

Hiya BilboBagshot pleased about your good news twenty minute away to your new job. Hope it's something you enjoy doing, makes all the difference. Take care.

3 likes

that bit of news made me smile.. good for you.

1 like

I wonder how that fits with the Equality Act? Might be worth a conversation with one of the "no win,no fee" solicitors ... Glad you found the silver lining anyway!

2 likes

Well done congratulations good luck in your new job,it's great to hear some good news thanks for sharing x

You may also like...