I think I am about to be shot down in flames :(

Had a phone call from my surgery today, to make an appointment to see my GP as a matter of urgency. He has received a letter from my Cardiologist and needs to discuss the results of the Myocardial Perfusion Scans and medication. I had a sneaky suspicion that all was not well, after the stress test, which stopped my breathing after 2 mins out of the 6 mins test.

I now fear that all my hard work, progress and the pain I endured in my legs, is all going to go down the pan, if that is going to happen I will not be a happy bunny at all. I have a sneaky suspicion that the original mild PAH diagnosis is going to be a lot worse than first thought.

I get home from work tonight and find the parrots have chewed through one of the main perches and halfway through another, so I now have to go out and try to find a couple of broomsticks to use as makeshift ones.

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Thinking of you 2greys and hope you will be ok. Take care xxxx

1 like

I hope everything isn't as bad as you fear. I know a message to book an urgent appointment with GP is nerve wracking.

I hope you sort your perches out for your parrot s.

Fingers crossed for you 2greys - do hope things turn out to be better than you think. Parrots? They sound more like Angry Birds, chomping through their perches. Not a good start to your week - hope it gets a bit better each day, take care.

I hope that it is not as bad as you fear. Good luck.

Fingers crossed for you xxx

Good luck, hope you get a good night's sleep. xxxxxx Lilian

That's very worrying for you but perhaps it's not as bad as you fear. We always fear the worst, don't we ? But no matter what the results of the cardiac tests, I don't think your hard work will have been wasted. It's helped your general fitness and lung function, so that has to be beneficial overall.

I have COPD but I also have a problem with my ribs. I am 64 and have had copd for 11 years. I think. Landed in the hospital but just given antibiotics and prednicalone and sent home after 4 days but re admitted again 3 days later. This kept happening tiil a doctor actually asked me what I thought was wrong. Told her it felt as if something was catching internally. She sent me for a bone scan and I did have 3 broken ribs at that time. Had an xray on Friday and the radiographer asked if I had been in a bad accident as my ribs looked more like zips not ribs. So depressed cannot walk anywhere and they have told me I am not a candidate for a lung transplant or any operation. Some days it is so hard just carrying on but I love my 2 boys and my 4 grandchildren. Have oxygen, nebuliser and portable nebuliiser at home but nothing is helping. Have been lucky with my doctors surgery and but just feel nothing can be done so whats the point.

let us know how you get on. Things may not be as bad as you imagine.

Maybe your parrots are trying to tell you something, 2greys ? (As is your doctor.)

Hope it goes well for you today xxx

Hope news not as bad as you expect. Good luck x

Just a thought ... are those birds good for your breathing ???? x

1 like

All those concerns are covered. They have the spare bedroom to themselves. A water spray that damps down any dust, activated from the adjoining bathroom before I enter. etc.... No issues with them at all, Had them for 30 years. Thanks for your concern.

2 likes

Take their advice then, 2greys "Do too much and you could drop off your perch".

Yes, I do seem to be busy most of the time, Sharon keeps on at me "to retire", but boredom and financial worries would just as easily knock me off my perch.

Not the first time they have done it by far, more like a dozen times now. Back home now for a quick (? no such thing as quick anymore) bath and then a 3/4 mile walk to the surgery, hopefully get there early enough to catch my breath as I have a lot of questions to ask about this wrecked heap that I call my body.

I've said it before "I want to be a Cyborg" then I could then make my own spare parts at work :)

I know it's hard not to worry. I hope your doctor's appointment goes better than you fear. Gentle hugs!

Best of luck 2greys x

You may also like...