British Lung Foundation
35,921 members43,215 posts

COPD is so ;(£&&@ Frustrating!!

I sat here earlier before my daily catch up of the forum, feeling a bit sorry for myself. My moving day is under three weeks away, and following a reasonably good spell COPD-wise, today I'm feeling a bit rough. Great timing! However, after reading through today's posts, it seems like many of you are (today, at least) having a tougher time than me so I will stay quiet and get on with my day. Why can't this government spend more money (like maybe some of the billions they earned from taxes on smoking!) on a cure for this awful, awful disease!!! Group hugs from a frustrated me!

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Hugs back to you Brisara and it's good to let off some steam sometimes. Never worry about doing that.

I wish we could find a cure for COPD but maybe one day. Thank goodness for the BLF.

Take care xxxxx

6 likes

Thanks Sassy, you're spot on about the BLF! Enjoy your day, Brian x

3 likes

Big hugs back you said your feeling roughish today and your moving in less than 3 weeks , that's probably why your feeling rough moving is one of the stressful events in life and stress factors and copd makes for a rough time .Deep breathing slowww down and relax in between when you can and also big hugs rite back atcha 😉

4 likes

Thank you Angie, it's very stressful as you rightly say! Andddd breathhhhhh 😉 x

1 like

Most of the causes are man made and you will be divorcing yourself from some of those in your new home, Brian. ;-)

6 likes

Must be honest, I can't wait Don! I'm a bit worried about how the actual move will affect my health (temporarily I hope?) but I'm really looking forward to being there. Hope you are well :)

3 likes

I've been having a bit of an 'off spell' and I have a spirometer test tomorrow. I hope your move goes well. I often wonder what effect adrenaline has on COPD, because I often find that when I've something a bit stressful to do, I cough and wheeze very little during the task but have to pay for it later.

2 likes

Hello Brisara .

Having an off day or an off spell makes us feel like nothing will ever be right again. Some days are just complete write offs. It is so frustrating, I understand. But, it will get better. 😃 I do hope having a good rest and relaxation time will help you feel better tomorrow. Hoping your move goes smoothly too.

Take good care.

Cas xx 🌷

5 likes

Hello Cas, lovely to hear from you. Hopefully it's just an off day, rather than an off spell 😉 Fingers crossed! Hope life is treating you kindly at the moment, Brian x

2 likes

😃🐕 I'm doing okay thank you Brian. Hang in there. xx

3 likes

They say moving house is the most stressful thing you can do. And having breathing problems dosnt help. I moved from A 3 bed house to a 2 bed flat 2 years ago but got help from family and booked a removal firm. But will not do it again good luck with your move.

4 likes

Hi Nottobad, like you I have only recently moved to stage three, hence my reason for moving. Hopefully some fresh air and a healthier lifestyle might help keep this at bay for a while! My last move would have been my last move, if I hadn't gone to stage three. I'm hoping this goes smoothly. Thanks for the reply, Brian :)

2 likes

The way I clear these gloomy thoughts is just imagine a hospital ward of sick children then my problems pale in comparison. Looking on the bright side works wonders as well

4 likes

Brian, I hope you have having a better day today. Gentle hugs!

1 like

Thank you :) still got something lurking but I'm trying to fight it :) x

Hope you are feeling better soon, I agree much more focus is needed with regards to COPD.

I don't see adverts-charity shops or media dicussions about the disease especially money raising projects !!!

David1968

1 like

Thanks David.

Totally agree, and charity shops is a great idea!

Brian

1 like

Indeed, hugs backatya. hope it clears up by the time you move.Take it easy, get as much help as you can with the move. xx

1 like

Thank you LaurieRose :) x

1 like

You may also like...