"Watch and wait" continues

Just got back from my consultant's appointment for the result of last week's CT Scan, and wouldn't you know it, the Radiographer has not made his report!

The consultant told me that that he had looked at the scan and to his eye the nodules had not grown, maybe shrunk a little even. So I still have no real answers yet and I am being put back on the "watch and wait" list. Back to square one, yet another CT Scan in a few months time. At least the nodules have not run rampant inside me, so have to take comfort in that. The uncertainty continues, so I have to be a patient patient.

I'm going to take the rest of the day off, drained by both the anticipation and relief that it was not bad news, my work can wait.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • pleased for you 2Greys. At least you know things have not got worse. Broke the 900m barrier on Sunday! 927m to be accurate on the 6 mwt. But managed to have a conversation at the end with two ladies who had concerns over my breathing...lol

• Congratulations, you must be getting near to your limit by now. I am going to re-start my walking today, I miss doing it, I have had a week of resting and getting itchy feet. I get people asking if I'm OK on occasion, although I am usually out & about just after 7 pm and there tends to be few people about by then. My little wobble has not dented my confidence for walking but I am a lot more vigilant when riding on public transport now as a result.

• 2Greys: WhoooHoooo ... you deserve to take the rest of the day off. Am happy those nodules are behaving themselves for ya.

Badbessie: You did 927m in 6 minutes?!?!?!? That's almost 10 kph. I don't think I could run that fast - LOL. Thought I was doing good averaging 485-500m for my 6 mwt.

• Hi Kathy, I hope you are well.

A very mixed day, put the stress levels on a chart and they would not have looked out of place, labeled as BPM :)

I will have to let that young tearaway Badbessie introduce himself ;)

• It was done by jogging for 3 1/2 minutes and walking fast for 2 1/2. slowly built it up from 600m to 650 to 700m etc etc.

• Hi I am hardly young at 58 but I am suprising my self on what I can do encouraged by the master 2Greys...lol

• Aha, Badbessie - jogging is the key ... to a WALK test. Ok. At 70, my knees don't like jogging. I can sorta shuffle trot, but I have to watch my sats because when I have tried it a few times, just for something different, sats dropped to 88 after a minute or a little under. At that point I stop and let the numbers get back to 90/91 at least. I do intend on working on that though. Thinking being that if I keep doing the jog-shuffle as training, then I'll eventually be able to do it for a few minutes before sats drop too much. That's the theory anyway - ha. I don't think I'll ever be in your league .... 12 years ago when I was your age, yeah, but not now.

Have a good jog and thanks for popping back in on this post to fill in the blanks!

• Good news that it has at the very least stayed the same but even better if shrunk a little.

Be well

• I will know for sure when I get a copy of the clinician's letter to my GP. Thanks.

You may also like...