British Lung Foundation
35,425 members42,790 posts

6 month Consultant check up

I went to see the respiratory consultant yesterday afternoon and I am pleased with the outcome. As I am so stable and haven't had an infection since last October he has discharged me unless my fantastic GP decides he needs to see me. Not bad for a 74 yr old with severe stage 4 COPD.

17 Replies
oldestnewest

So very pleased for you Carole, such great news! Xxxx

3 likes

Brilliant Carole, wonderful for you but it will give hope to lots of other members including me! :)

3 likes

Not called Caroleoctober for nothing :D

2 likes

Good news, Carole. xx

2 likes

Wow good news indeed Carole. Love uplifting news.

love cx

1 like

Good news for you carol keep up the good work

1 like

Brilliant news Carole and well done, I'm so pleased for you. xx

1 like

Thank you everyone for your comments Keep Smiling

Carole x

1 like

Good news indeed Carol well done! As O2Trees says it gives hope to us all. Xx

1 like

What treatment are you on Carol?

I have salbutamol, spireva and symbicort inhaler. Furosemide, omeprazole, phyllocontiin, spironolactone, and prednisolone tablets. Also I am on oxygen 14/24.

Carole x

Thank you.... thats some cocktail...

That's awesome and has certainly filled me with hope xxx

1 like

Great news Carole - well done xx

Your post and others like yours are the reason why I joined this site. I am a 53 y/o woman recently diagnosed with Stage 3 Emphysema. Based on the internet, I thought I had a very little chance of being around in 5 years. I too am pretty fit, quit smoking a short while ago and thought I was doing better. The diagnosis hit me like a ton of bricks. Reading your post gives me so much hope. I thank you sincerely for sharing and I'm absolutely thrilled for you.

1 like

I just thought I would add that I was diagnosed twenty years ago when I was about your age and I worked until I was 67 in what wasn't a really sedentary job. I only retired then because the firm I worked was making people redundant. Keep smiling

Carole x

1 like

Absolutely wonderful!

You may also like...