Update on working and caring

After many deliberations and draft letters to my boss and discussions with Mick I decided to tell it as is to my boss about Mick and my caring /working role as expected it was a bit emotional 😢 but I did it 😃 I also spoke to Mick about our finances and if we could afford for me to work part time now that his health is declining as a result of that I asked my boss if that would be a possibility and she said yes so at the moment that is being sorted out .I do feel better for speaking to my boss and I know the pressure will be lifted balancing work and home once I go part time . Many thanks for your support and Hope you are all feeling well today and the sun is shining were you are Pam😄

24 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good for you Pam, it must be such a relief to you and now you know where you stand. I am sure things will work out better.

Sunshine and cloud here but dry so far. Take care xxxxx

• Hi Sassy I do feel I've done the right thing and it is a relief my boss was very understanding sometimes thinking about doing something is worse than actually doing it !!!. Have a good weekend Pam xxx

• You have a good weekend too Pam. Xxxx

• Ah well done it's such a relief I bet to have that weight gone ...upwards and onwards glad you feel better and yes the sun's out after 2 days rain just been for a walk love the smell after the rain

Enjoy xxx

• Hi Angiecbr Yes such a relief I love that smell too like to listen to rain at night when I'm cosy in bed Have a good weekend Pam xx

• Hi Pammi

Hopefully won't be as wet this weekend it's been a bit hit and miss thisweek...i love the sun enjoy your weekend

Angie xxxx

• I'm so pleased that you've reached a decision and I hope that everything goes well for you.

Take care. Pam XXX

• Thank you Pam xx

• Hi

Good result.

Check for any benefits you may be entitled to.

gov.uk/benefits-calculators

• Thank you Stone I will check out the link you posted.

• Pleased that you have made a decision and hope everything goes well for you both a little less stress xx

• Hi Time 2 drink yes we both could do with some days without any stress xx Pam

• Well done for taking action and getting a result. Good link from stone-UK above.

• Thank You

• Good to hear you plucked up the courage! 😊

• Thank You

• So very glad you managed to have a word with your boss don't forget to contact CAB or maybe Jobcentre to see if you can claim any more allowances & if Mick is getting worse maybe his Allowance can go up? God Bless you both & keep us updated XXC

• Yes I will Christabella thanks for your advice xx

• so glad for you that things are getting sorted, I have been where you are and its soul destroying . good luck

• Thank you Maggie I'm trying to stay strong and positive but yes soul destroying Pam xx

• Sounds like a weight off your shoulders. Take care :)

• Yes it was thank you ☺

• Great outcome Pam. You must feel so much calmer now.

• Yes thanks I do ☺

You may also like...