New to this site and just want to say hello

Hi everyone..my name is Karen and I am from Ohio in the United States. I also have COPD and it's been 14 years since I found out. It had got worse and I am now between moderate and severe. I use a nebulizer 3 times a day using 2 different types of medicatons...I also use oxygen at night and when needed during the day.

I have been reading the posts and the replys and thought this would be a good site to join. I believe that the people that I love don't always understand what I am going through and it would be nice to talk to others who do!

I look forward to reading more and will reply if I can help.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello Ksb6420 and welcome to the community. :)

• Welcome Ksb, good to meet you. I am carer for my husband Pete and find this site very supportive so you have come to the right place. Xxxxx

• Hello Karen, and welcome. It's lovely to meet you. XXX

• Hi Karen

Welcome to the site, I find the forum to be quite a comfort as you say our loved ones don't always understand us fully I find it a comfort to chat to people who I know are going through the same as myself. Lots of good friendly banter and sound advice when needed. 🙂

• G'day Karen...sorry you needed to find us but glad you did...welcome to the "Family"...sometimes we laugh,..other times we shed a tear...but we are here for each other 24/7

• Hi Karen and welcome to the group. We're all in the same boat here so you'll find plenty of understanding ... and shoulders to lean on when you need. I live in south FL but venture into OH in the summer for a vacation to kayak on Lake Erie with long-time friends who live in Cleveland, although this year I may start to be a hold-back for them. Stay near bro in southern NJ for 2 months each summer.

Take each day as it comes and count it as a blessing. And exercise as much as you can - it really does help.

Have a breathe easy day!

Kathy

• Welcome to the site Ksb. You'll find great info and help on here.

• Hi Karen, It's nice to meet you. I'm also very new to this site. I've recently been diagnosed with severe emphysema. This came as quite a shock. I'm 52 years old. I assumed I needed to quit smoking (after 38 years) but really didn't see that diagnosis coming (spoken like a true nicotine addict). Anyway, I don't have the knowledge and experience as do many on this site, but I can tell you've come to the right place! I have received a very warm welcome, great support, and many of my questions have been answered. I feel blessed to have found this support group. Good luck to you. Hopefully we will be chatting for many, many years to come.

• Hi luannpeterson,

I have been dealing with this for years, and no I didn't stop smoking right away. My father had it and I also have a sister and brother who also deals with emphysema so I have more experience then I want. In the last year it has got worse. I am on oxygen at night and use it only in the day it I need it. Finally got a portable oxygen unit, if I want to go somewhere and have to walk for awhile I have to use it. Thank you for taking the time to reply it is great having someone to talk to. I think this site is wonderful for everyone!

You may also like...