TORY MINISTER FORCED TO APOLOGISE 3 TIMES IN 15 MINUTES OVER TREATMENT OF DISABLED PEOPLE

TORY MINISTER FORCED TO APOLOGISE 3 TIMES IN 15 MINUTES OVER TREATMENT OF DISABLED PEOPLE

Unacceptable. Truly shocking. Not what should be happening – this is how Tory minister Penny Mordaunt described the treatment of disabled people under her own party.

politicalscrapbook.net/2017...

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • All this started with Brown and Blair the new system to get disabled people back to work and Atos still going on its shocking time they brought the system back

• Yes it did but the tories ran with it and reorganised it out of all recognition. The original idea was needed but not the harsh amendments.

• A lot of this suffering is USA inports ... Was reading boss of capita got sued in USA for doing same thing.

• Yes true but I think at the time so many disabled wanted to work and weren't being given a chance by employers ,The Tories have changed it from a policy to help a disabled person get a job without prejudice to a witch hunt to destroy us all

• Stop blaming Tony Blair for what the Tories are doing in 2017.

• Didn't you know, if the wind's blowing the wrong way, it's Gordon Brown's fault!

• To be fair, pretty much everything else was! 😊

• An apology ... from an MP? Someone's having a laugh!!! Bit like Clegg's "Sorry" song - they don't live in a real world, have no grasp of reality, cannot offer a genuine apology and as for her "I'll look into this case or that case" well, how about doing the job and sorting the issues (generated by the fools in charge) for EVERYONE rather than just the few (totally justified) cases that hit the media??

I despise the idiots who are funded by my taxes to inject stupidity into a once reasonable, caring society!

Sorry, .... "politicians"!!!! - rant over!!

• Jeff this is a typical approach to disability issue by the government, words to get them a stay of execution in my opinion.

• Disgraceful but this can't be a shock to us here. c

• While I agree that the system needs looking at and sorting I do feel that there are some Joe Public who have ruined it for the rest. it is so darn wrong that people can play the system like this

• I have removed some replies from here as they offered negative feedback on various individuals. Please let's not be judgmental of others.

• Politically well the Tories true to form no surprised there just the surprise that people would expect any different from them. Am disappointed that people should fall into the trap though of judging others so harshly on this site - we do not know people's full story and would be mortified if others started doing that to us on slim or heresay 'evidence' - this is exactly what the Tories etc. want us to do argue amongst ourselves and society as to who is 'deserving' or not. Of course there will be people who abuse a system - just look at the MP's expenses for example but that does not, or should not, mean you get rid of or destroy the whole system.

• Absolutely agree undine - it is very dissapointing. Fraud by the Governments own figures for DLA was 0.5%.

cx

You may also like...