Surgery

Hi everyone, its been a while since i posted anything on here so i hope everyone is getting on ok and feeling well. Following a visit with my Consultant respiratory physician today for my recent scan and xray results, and because of the severity of my condition it is likely that my only option is a double lung transplant, apart from being terrified of the idea i have done my research and am aware of the risks and implications and have come to terms with it, i would like to ask any members in your own words if you or know someone who has had this operation and how was the experience.

Thank you.

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi. I don't have any experience of this but hope that you get some good responses. May I wish you all the best with coming to your decision. Take care. Pam XXX

• Thank you.

• No experience at all but just want to wish you well. Take care xxxxx

• Thank you.

• Thank you, i was up most of the night reading the posts from that link and found it very helpful :)

• :)

• hi im same been told I will eventually need double lung transplant, I don't have a clue what I will do. I will decide when my consultant decides its time for him to refer me to transplant centre. its a tough decision to make.

• Thank you.

• Hi not came across anyone on this site. But I am a newbie. However on the copduk Facebook site there are are a few people awaiting the call for transplant and a few who have been transplanted. They do not post that often. There are a number of people who like you are approaching a decision on transplant and you may find posts on this site useful.

• Thank you.

• There are quite a few here awaiting a lung transplant and a couple who have had it done. Try the search box to read what others have said.

• Thank you.

• Thank you, i tried that link but it no longer exists

• It does, I just tried it again. There are other posts about lung transplants here.

healthunlocked.com/search/l...

You may also like...