A post about Vashti from her son

I set up an account tonight to tell the people who followed my Mums posts that she had passed away only to find out you already knew, I'm so glad she had such a positive effect and so many people have good things to say about her, I'm having a hard time typing this without shedding a tear which isn't a good look for a 6'2" 19 stone Biker, in the end she went to the Summerlands peacefully, Himself is doing as well as can be expected, I'd type more but right now it hurts to

Brendan

Skip

Featured Content

New feature! Take your needs assessment

Recognize and address unmet needs that are potentially affecting your health and wellbeing

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

74 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Such a well respected lady who was much admired for her storytelling and quirky outlook on life. I'm sure her passing must be very hard to take in at the moment but my thoughts are with you all xx

• Thankyou, it means a lot

• Your mum was one of the first to welcome me to this site i haven't been on long but I really liked reading your mums stories By what I have read on here she gave lots of people great enjoyment with her tales and was well thought of. Thinking of you and yours

• Hi Brendan your mom was a well respected member her stories had us all mesmerized she brought her world to life we did not meet Sue but through her stories it was like we knew her and her family so well.

you are going though the most painful time in you life right now I lost mom 4 years ago to COPD so have been in your shoes. We are always hear for you and your family and our thoughts and prayers are with you take care xx

• a 6'2 19st biker still needs to grieve my love, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Brendan, your mum was a really special lady as you know and we all loved her, we are here for you and your family as well, take care. xxxx

• My thoughts are with Brendan, and your family. Sue was a truly exceptional lady and she brightened up the lives of so many people on a daily basis.

May time work it's magic to lessen the pain, but Sue will always be with you, and in the hearts of many more. A unique lady who will never be forgotten.

Kind regards. Pam XXX

• Your Mum was well loved on here and will be greatly missed. I'm so sorry for your loss. xx

• Deepest condolences to you and all the family.. God bless her xxx

• Welcome Brendan, I had only just found your mum when she moved on in her journey , her writing had a mesmerizing effect on me and others, it was so heartfelt and magical and really struck a chord. I hope that the depth of feeling expressed on this forum brings some measure of comfort to you and yours at such a difficult time. Please be sure that when you are ready to write or need a friendly place to talk , we are all going to be ready to listen.

Very best wishes xx

• Bless you Brendan for taking time to speak to us. Your mum was such a lovely supportive person who held our hands when we needed support and had us chuckling away the next minute. Her tales about her (your) family including the animals and people she met along the way held us entranced and feeling that we knew you all and we all looked forward to each day to hear the next episode. Your mum was a very special person, as you know, and we will all miss her and her funny little stories.

Take good care of yourself and the rest of your family during this awful time for you all.

Shelagh xxx

• Hello Brendan, don't you be worrying about a few tears. It's the most natural thing in the world & shows your compassion. ❀️

I am devastated that Sue has left us & have shed many a tear for her. πŸ˜ͺ

She was one of the loveliest people on this earth & she was a very talented writer. We know about you & the rest of the family through her stories & we thank you for sharing her with us.

Take care of each other & keep our Vashti's memory alive xx 🌸

• Don't hold back on the tears Brendan, they are cleansing, they are right and proper when you are mourning such a special lady as your Mum; you can see from the hundreds of tributes that she was dearly loved and will be sadly missed. As Ccupcakes has said we will be here if ever you need a place to "unburden". You take care now.

• We were very lucky to share a tiny and enchanting piece of your Mum, Brendon, and my very deepest sympathy to you, Himself and all the family. I shall miss her and her wonderful stories. Thinking of you all...xxx

• Your mum was special, a very caring lady. She obviously passed on some of her special traits to you , otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to contact us. Thank you.

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this sad and difficult time.

• Blessings Brendan...your darling mum made such a big impression on me with her outlook on animals, nature and the sometime suspect human nature. Take care of each other, love moongirl (Lee) )0(

• Hi Brendan,

Your mum put a lovely photo of you on here some 2 years ago. She was very pleased at the time. I've also copied an extract of a post she she had written about you and your brother:

"His elder brother loved adventure stories...there again it was the old-fashioned tales which he enjoyed the most...The Coral Island...Moby Dick...try reading that after a long day...Treasure Island and Lorna Doone...he'd sit bolt upright in bed clutching a Darth Vardar figure...hoping I'd get so carried away I'd not notice beginning yet another chapter...

He didn't care for fairy tales...he said he liked proper stories with proper people.'

Now they are adults they still read voraciously...Luke, who so loved gory fairy tales, reads cook books for pleasure and can identify every edible fungus in a Swedish forest from poring over books...his brother Brendan reads books I simply can't understand...meta-physical thingies...and how to take your motor-bike apart and put it back together again books."

She was a fascinating intelligent lady who shared her wonderful stories with us all, we felt we were there with her.

There have been several tributes to,your mum over the last few days with so many lovely posts and I hope you get some comfort from reading them.

My thoughts are with you.

Take care

Xx

• Hello Brendan, thankyou for joining us. Your mum was an original lady & so many people loved her because she had the talent of reaching out to us, with such stories of her life. Even tall bikers grieve the people they love, tears help to heal the pain. Take care x

• Hi Brendan,condolences to you,& 'himself'& the rest of her family & friends.

I think all has been said about her,so I won't add to it.She will be sadly missed,as you can see,& certainly left her mark on a lot of people here.

Vashti, certainly had a full life,& didn't waste a minute of it,bless her.

She'd your tears Brendan,& hold onto the memories,of which I'm sure they'll give you plenty to smile about later,

Wishing you well in life, hugs Wen xxx

• She was a lovely Lady and I enjoyed reading her posts, she always knew how to make people feel good and bring a smile to people's faces. She will be greatly missed here, thinking of you all.xx Bernadette

• Your mum was a blessing. I looked forward to reading her vivid and beautifully written posts everyday. She will be missed. Thank you for setting up an account to let the forum know. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Thank you Brendan, l had been looking for her posts and just knew. A lovely exciting lady and greatly missed. Audrey Jersey......xxx

• How very thoughtful of you, Brendan. A testament to what a wonderful woman your mum was. I'm so grateful for having her been in my life. My heart ❀ goes out to her family(including furry ones)and friends during this sad time.

Krysta

• I lit a candle for her and I could imagine her smile.

She will be with me always and with you too.

She is free now.

• Bren45 your mum took me to some wonderful places with her story's about herself and the word she lived in she was a beautiful story teller she got me to laugh when i didn't think I could laugh any more I will miss her dearly.

• Just take one day at a time and be gentle with yourself, and thank you for logging on to the site, your Mum will always be remembered she left a little of herself in all of us through her stories which we all loved .

• Hi Brendan. It was a privilege to have known your mother.

God Bless you and your family.

John.

• Hi Brendan " thinking of use during this sad time πŸ’ Xx

• How thoughtful of you Brendan. Ghastly time for all of you, you will have read all the posts about your darling Mum, what a lady, she will be missed forever,this forum will never be the same,she brought immense interest and love to all. So very sad, Bulpit o

• I was never lucky enough to meet your Mother but felt that she was my far away friend. She was a beautiful person in every way and I feel this whole community is missing her we are a lesser place without her..Gentle hugs to you

• Hi Brendan, I have sooo much respect for ur mom, she was a great writer, not just writing stories, but bringing them to life, I've walked down many a path with ur mom, seeing the sights, places, animals and the people she wrote about, such a genuine lovely lady, defiantly missed but never forgotten. Thinking of u all xx sonia xx

• Dear Brendan. Thank you so much for coming on the site to share your grief at Vashti's death. Her posts were eagerly read and enjoyed and we need to keep her spirit with us on the site. I once sent her some pieces of patchwork fabric after her shed was flooded and she replied with a lovely letter and some tea bags - I am glad that I saved one. Please pass on condolences to Himself and all the family.

• G'day Brendan...So much nicer when it comes from the family...Your mother touched us all with her words...may she rest in peace

Will

• Everybody needs to grieve, even a 6' 2" 19 stone Biker! Your mum was really kind to me when my dad died. As time has passed it becomes a little easier to bear, and you remember the good times. Your mum was very well loved on this site and everybody loved her daily posts about life in rural Ireland. She will be sorely missed.

• Good morning Brendan

Thank you so much for thinking to write to everyone here.

I too only joined a short while ago and have only read a few of your mother's stories.

Vashti (Sue) has left you alot of richness which will help you through this time now and always.

She will never leave you but will remain with you in the hearts of those who loved her.

Aidi-Joll 🌻

• Your dear mother was loved by so many Brendan and touched us all in one way or another. She will be greatly missed.

Thank you for your post and deepest sympathies to you and family. X

• So good of you to do this Brendan - it's a testament to your lovely mum that you would think of others at this very sad time, when your heart is breaking - thank you - your mum always brought a smile and was an inspiration to so many of us. Big hugs for a big guy with a big heart xx

• Our thoughts are with you all. She will be greatly missed.

Be Well

• Hello Brendan, your mum was an inspiration, I loved reading her stories , my heart goes out to you all, I hope you find comfort in knowing she was so loved and is so missed...much love to you all xx

• Brendan, i am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful Mum , she posted over a thousand posts here...I loved every one of them..and I seem to remember her posting a picture of you once , she was very proud of you and loved you all so much.

Thinking of you all at this saddest of times and sending a big hug to you, love huff xxx

• Hello Brendan

Your Mum was a remarkable lady.

I feel very priveliged to have got to know her, and been able to read her wonderful descriptive writings.

She will be missed by so many of us, but never forgotten.

Deepest condolences to you and your family, at this very sad time.

Velvet xx

• Thank you for thinking of us during this time which is so difficult for you. All of our comments show how much she was loved and respected. We will miss her dreadfully and I can only imagine how things are for you and the family. Please accept my sincere condolences.

• Hi Brendan

Thanks for taking the time

It was a l

Pleasure to have had contact with your mum

Jimmy1c

• Dear Brendan

You must be hurting and upset now, but I hope you can take some comfort in knowing how much your mum was loved and respected by so many people.

Condolences to you and your family xx

• Sorry for your loss you have every right to shed a tear for your dear mum im sure you have many happy memories take care xx

• Thank you so much Brendan for taking time to speak to us all, my heart goes out to you at this sad time, and we will all miss your mums posts.Good to hear her passing was peaceful. Take care and every best wish to you .

• Her time was well spent while on this plane; one can only hope for continued good vibes for her from here on out. She was a "wonderment"....

• Thanks so much Brendan for taking the time to write a few words for us. Not an easy time for you, your mum will be remembered for a long time on here She brought us all such pleasure and put a smile on our faces, she was a great friend to us all. My Thoughts are with your family.

• Thank you for taking the time to set up an account just to tell us of your mums death. It mmust be very hard for all of you at this time. I hope that reading all the replies on this and previous posts how well loved and talented she really was, and that this might give you some comfort I the coming weeks. She won't ever leave your heart and will pop into your mind at the strangest of times. I'm sorry for your loss but glad that you had her.

• I'm so sorry sending you lots of love xx

• Will be sadly missed RIP xx

• I was very sadden to hear the news of your mum we often had a few comments with each other , a lovely entertaining lady , my condolences to you and your family

• When your mum wrote she took me with her on her adventures in life , such a pleasure to have known her , not in person but in her written life πŸ˜€, she transported me just like dc who did

• Thankyou Brendan for thinking of us at this desperately sad and painful time.

• So sorry for your loss Marian xxxx

• Thank you so much for finding the time to write to us all at a time when your world will feel as if it's crumbled all around you. As you will have already read, your mum was such an inspirational lady. I've walked with her through so many stories and she also walked with me when my husband passed away last year. I loved her wicked sense of humour and I will miss her writings so much. Shed your tears, as I know they are a very cleansing part of grieving. Please also pass my thoughts on to Himself - we feel as if we already know him through your mum. Take care. Jan x

• So sorry for your loss x x

• Awk Brenda your mum was a star. So sorry for your loss. She will always be remembered.

• My condolences to you and your family.

• Clearly, you have your mum's soul and thoughtfulness, Brendan, to think of us at such a difficult time in your life. I'll have a Mass said for Sue and will hold you in my pocket. Blessings: Sue, rest in peace.

Catnip

• I don't think I can add anything to the things that have already been said . Vashti must have been an amazing lady, I think we all felt that we knew her personally & I know she helped me through with her almost daily writings when I lost my husband eighteen months ago. May she rest in peace now. x

• One thing that has always puzzled me - why the name Vashti ? I'm intrigued.

• Vashti was the Queen of Persia, Wife of King Ahasuerus....

• Very appropriate isn't it - silly me I should have googled it. I shall remember her with even greater fondness now.

• Thank you so much for taking the time to sign up to let us know about your Mum, it's really kind and thoughtful of you. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. I hope it is a comfort to know how much your Mum and her writings meant to so many people. x

• Hi Brendan. It was a privilege to have known your mother. We all felt that we actually "knew" her, even though most of us had never met her. She was that kind of lady who communicated so well; very talented and giving.

God Bless you and your family.

• 😒 What a lovely post about your Mum Vashti. Your family had a wonderful person who did her best to support all of us in HU. It must be hard for you all and I hope that you will always have great memories of her. She was a very special woman, and I am finding it hard to post this as I have tears too and never had the pleasure of meeting her. I wish that all will be well when you say your final goodbyes and may Vashti R.I.P πŸ’πŸ’ xx

• Your mum is at peace no more pain & suffering, memories never die no shame in crying Brendan it showed you loved your mum. Grief is something we all go through God Bless

• Thinking of you, Brendan. Your mother was a wonderful person who brought so much light into people's lives and she will be greatly missed. So sorry for your loss.

• Deepest condolences to you and all the family..... x

• So sorry to hear the news and my love and prayers are with you.

• My thoughts are with you and your family

• Your Mom was a lovely lady, loved reading her posts. so sorry to hear this sad news, I lost my Mom a few years back and miss her every single day. Thinking of you . xx

• So sorry to hear your mum has passed ... Thoughts are with you ... Tears are a sign of strength not weakness so you let them flow freely xx

You may also like...