Hi there, wondered if anyone can relate or advise? I'm a 35 year old female with asthma.
6 weeks ago I became ill with a 10 day fever, sweating, chills and chesty cough. My peak flow dropped from 570 to 350 and i had shortness of breath and chest tightness. After a couple of days I visited gp and was given antibiotics. Fast forward to now, I've had 4 different antibiotics (amoxicillin, 2 x doxycyline and clarithromycin) and 2 lots of steroids (1 x 7 days @ 25mg - no improvement, 1 x7 days @ 30mg - peak flow up to 450 but only have 1 day left) I've also now been given mucodyne too.
A chest xray a week or two back showed consolidation on one lung but a recent sputum sample came back as normal. Xray advice was to repeat in 6 -8 weeks but gp has ordered a CT scan instead as I had a chest infectuon only a month earlier too - still waiting for this appointment.
Last lot of steroids had obviously helped peak flow improve but I've still had daily asthma symptoms and continual chesty cough.
Sorry for the long post ... Any advice?