Thank you to everyone for your responses.

As of now my pulmonary doc and I have agreed to not do the vats biopsy at least for now. He wants to see how I react to a high dose of Prednisone and to completely avoid cigarette smoke.. If I do have pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis complete avoidance of specifically cigarette smoke is key. I quit smoking two years ago however, 5 days a week I've been in my work pickup truck right next to a co worker smoking about ten cigs a day. I was one of the people who thought second hand smoke was harmless. I have a follow up CT scan and a pft at the end of October and see if things have stabilized. I also asked my doc about work related irritants. He said if it is a.p.l.c.h. That these things won't affect it. I've been wearing a high quality mask for almost a month just in case.

I wish the best for all of you. Feel free to message me and let me know how things are going on your end of things. Thanks again for your time

3 Replies

• Good luck with everything Dan and let us know how you get on x

• Good luck Dan hope everything goes well for you, well done for stopping smoking I didn't realise how harmful second hand smoke was, sounds like your doing all right things to look after yourself xx

• Good luck with your tests next month Dan, hope you can avoid the smoke in future just thinking of inhaling someone else's smoke is not nice!😊🍁🍃🍂