Travel Insurance

Hi

Here is some guidance on how you can find travel insurance. Any information provided here is given to help you in your search – we are not recommending any of the companies listed.

First of all I would recommend that you look at the following web site – MoneySavingExpert.com - moneysavingexpert.com/insur... There is lots of really useful information and guidance there.

There are several comparison sites that will help you find quotes and are a good starting point:

Medical Travel Compared - medicaltravelcompared.co.uk/

Just Travel Cover - justtravelcover.com/ - 0800 294 2969

All Clear Travel - allcleartravel.co.uk/ - 01708 339026

If at all possible it is always better to use the above sites online rather than calling – there will be a greater selection of insurance online compared to the telephone.

The British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA) may be able to help if you are finding it difficult to get travel insurance - biba.org.uk/find-insurance/ - or call 0370 950 1790

Here are some insurance contacts you may want to try:

Able 2 Travel – able2travel.com – 01892 839 501

Flexicover – flexicover.co.uk – 0800 093 9495

Free Spirit – free-spirit.com – 0845 230 5000

Freedom – freedominsure.co.uk – 01223 446914

Getmy.com – getmy.com/travel - 0845 026 2441

Global Travel Insurance – globaltravelinsurance.co.uk – 01424 718 790

Goodtogoinsurance.com – goodtogoinsurance.com – 0844 334 0160

Holiday Travel & Medical Insurance – askaboutinsurance.info – no telephone contact

It’s so easy travel insurance – itssoeasytravelinsurance.com – 0330 606 1422

J.D. Travel Insurance Consultants – jdtravelinsurance.co.uk – 0844 2474749

Orbis Insurance Services - orbisinsurance.co.uk/ - 01424 215 315

Pulse Insurance - pulse-insurance.co.uk/ -01280 841430

Saga – saga.co.uk/insurance - 0800 015 8055

Remember we are not endorsing or recommending any of the companies listed above.

If you would like to share details of a travel insurance company that has provided you with insurance please do so by “replying” to this post. Please note that we are not able to provide any advice on any travel insurance problems – this is for information.

Good Luck with your search

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have just got a very good quote from LV= for insurance with bronchiectasis, asthma and thyroid cancer. I may be wrong, but it does seem to be getting a bit easier to get covered these days!

• I've used getgoinginsurance.co.uk/ last twice I travelled to Europe. But I used the comparison site medicaltravelcompared.co.uk/ as listed above to find the cheapest quote, which was getgoing both times. They may not be the cheapest for your afflictions, and they may not be the cheapest for outside Europe.. so you'll have to do some legwork I'm afraid. Best wishes.

• Worldwideinsure.com.

IPF sufferer on ambulatory oxygen.I have cover for worldwide travel for 12 months.

You may also like...