COPD CONCERNS AGAIN PFT NUMBERS

COPD  CONCERNS  AGAIN PFT NUMBERS

HERES  ALL  MY SPIROMETRY  TESTS   SINCE  2004   WHICH  WERE  ALL BASIC TESTS    EXCEPT  BACK ON 4-9-2015  THEY DID  A  COMPLETE  PFT TEST..  SMOKING  FOR  42 YEARS  NOW   AGE  54   TRYING  TO  QUIT ..  XRAYS OF  MY CHEST  WERE NORMAL  BUT A  CT  SCAN  SHOWED  SOME  SMALL UPPER LUNG  EMPHYSEMA  MARKINGS.  NOTHING IN LOWER LOWER LUNGS.  MY  STOMACH  IS  ALWAYS  VERY BLOATED   AND I HAVE  TO CLEAR  CRAP  FROM  MY THROAT  AND UPPER CHEST  CONSTANLY..  COULD I HAVE BAD HYPERINFLATED LUNGS?  AND  SHOULD I HAVE  ALOT OF  SYMPTOMS   BASED ON  THESE  TEST RESULTS?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, Dennis. I am no expert but I am looking at your FEV1 readings and feeling jealous! Your results have varied a little but started out at 82% and are now 81% and that is 8 years later. These are GOOD readings.  Get rid of the cigarettes and I can almost guarantee you will die of something else entirely! Try not to worry, just get on with your life without the cigarettes. :)

And try not to SHOUT. ;)

• Sorry about the caps... and ty

• I agree with Toci...You look like you are in pretty good shape- The longer you smoke the worse things are going to get quicker.

You may also like...