What a shock to read they are to be stopping some corticosteroids, due to them bringing about infections ! Has anyone else read this ?
What are the side effects of inhaled corticosteroids?
Using ICS especially in high doses for a long amount of time can lead to an increased risk of side effects such as:
• Development of diabetes
• Osteoporosis and fractures
• Behavioural effects, e.g. sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, aggression.
ICS can also cause side effects to certain areas of the body such as:
• Hoarseness (strained voice)
• Sore throat
• Thinning of the skin (especially in older people)
• Oral thrush (a type of fungal infection).