This seems to be a good place

Would like to introduce myself  this seems such a helpful place recently diagnosed COPD by GP  the last 2 weeks I have had infection just finished 2 lots of antibiotics ( first lot did nothing ) and steroids 40mg a day Can I ask does anyone else have trouble with painful legs ? Not sure if it's anything to do with Copd or not 

Have been reading all your posts and finding them so helpful

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Pennyb8 welcome I've got copd my legs ache Luke toothache don't know if it's to do with the illness best wishes x

• Thank you for replying nice  to know I'm not the only one 

• Hi Penny,

Painful legs then they started swelling, Dr checked them out and eventually gave me flight stockings to help - it did and, although they sometimes feel like they are about to explode, they are okay now (keep the stockings for next time)

Welcome & best wishes

• Thank you I will try that off to the shops in the morning 

• Welcome Penny...don't know about legs but someone else might...!

• Thank you for the welcome 

• Welcome penny I have never heard of COPD causing leg pain. I do have pain in my  legs but that is to do with arthritis not COPD. May be mention it to your GP. X

• Welcome Penny. I too have very pai full legs, but it's Arthritis, they also swell & when there very swollen they ache, that heart failure. Hope that helps 

• Thanks for replying I'm seeing GP on Wednesday will mention it if the flight stockings y- not told me about don't work

• Will mention it to GP on my next visit thank you for replying 

• Welcome to the site pennyb8 I get leg pain too and foot pain.been put down to arthritis not the copd. X

• Welcome to the forum Penny. I have not heard of leg pain being a symptom of Copd. I think you should speak to your GP about your painful legs as it could be another condition. Hope you get answers soon 🌷

• Hi Penny & welcome. I get intermittent  painful ankles & feet but they don't swell. I don't really know what causes it. X 

• Two possible things that will cause leg ache: If they're swollen and feel under pressure, look to your leaflet in your blood pressure meds - common side, particularly with amlodipine.

2nd: If it comes on at the back of your calves(?) while walking, it'll be not enough oxygen getting to that muscle - known as peripheral vascular disease, often smoking related: stretch your legs, then carry on walking - exercise is the cure - motto keep walking, stop smoking.

Best wishes

• Soulsaver thank you I don't take any blood pressure meds as don't need them so I think your right about lack of oxygen affecting legs I'm not walking nearly as much as I used to so will    Start increasing my exercise and see if it helps

• Welcome to the group Penny - can't help re the legs but lots of good advice from others. x

• Worth bringing it up with your GP anyhow.

You may also like...