Thank you everyone, I have COPD and I thought I was being over silly when I kept saying to people please stay away from me if you have a cold. People also think I am being daft , but after reading lots of different posts I now realise I am not being silly.

My problem is I also have a low immune system, but I always go down after everyone else, they are all coming back better .

I work in a call centre with air conditioning so not good

but thank you all

7 Replies

• Have you ever been referred to a immunologist to see why your immune system is low. I have found out I have a low immune system. Due to none of my medication is helping me and I am getting infection after infection

• You are not silly and people should show some consideration. Xxx

• You are very sensible wanting to avoid infection. COPD is enough to bear in itself.

Keep well!

• Hi Jackie you are very wise to stay away from people with colds. I do too chest problems are enough to to cope with without the added threat from colds. Take care x

• Maybe you need to stress that it is a matter of life or death if you get a chest infection (if you have COPD, etc.) Because it is!

• That is very hard you can catch a cold from someone showing no symptoms

• Whether it be friend or family if anyone has a cold I tell them emphatically 'stay away'.

They can always Skype or telephone. Having almost died last December in Intensive Care for 18 days due to Pneumonia I take no chances!!!

You may also like...