Results of cat scan

I did go for it the cat scan last Monday. I had asked in a post what members thought of taking it. (Thanks again for responding). So my results were a 4 ml. Nodule on my left lung. Dr. Said probably nothing to worry about, just check with another scan in 6 months to see if any changes. Has anyone else gotten this report after a scan? Just wondering how common this is. Guess it was a good idea to get the scan, but now I'll probably worry even though dr. Said not to.

10 Replies

• Batbara Yes I had the same as I also had copd I had to have another scan after 6 months result no change. then again after a further 12 months again no change then again a twelve month ct result no change. They will not test again unless I show any symptoms from it. Don't worry about it please.

• Yep I have, too - it's common finding in hrct, and even more common in ex-smokers, like 60%... usually benign but as clematis says they'll measure it again at 6 mths, a year, 2 years and if no change A OK. The follow on scans are quicker & less xray heavy as they only do the same section.

• I have COPD and I also had nodules on my lungs show up on CT scan. By the time I'm done with these CT scans I will have had three at six month intervals and one at the 12 month interval so four in total.

The nodule is nothing to worry about.

• Same here had one for three years, no change. They just keep a check on it so don t worry.

• I had a repeat ct scan and was told the nodules have disappeared, although they had not mentioned them before, quite glad really, I would have worried. Never been asked for any follow up scans since. Never smoked, I have bronchiectasis.

• hi have not participated in conversations before i have just read peoples lovely comments but would like to put your mind at rest i have nodules on my lungs and went back for a second scan just to check if there were any changes in size , they had not increased in size so my consultant was quite happy to discharge me so please don't worry unneccesarily wait until your second scan I hope like me yours will be fine

• Thanks to all of you for the uplifting comments. I decided not to worry. Actually we all know worrying never did help improve anything. I really do appreciate that you took the time to reply.

Best of health to you all

• Hello Batbara,,,,you now have a basis to work from,,and as they have asked you to come back in 6 months for another,,,monitoring the situation is good,,,,,so now as a human we all start to worry,,,even though this doctor said not too,,well he can say that,,be we will worry,,what is going on in our body?,,,

I had one mri rechecking something from a previous mri and it was given as ok,,,and being on recall for my eyes,,seeing if glaucoma develops,,,,,so I understand how the worry takes hold,,,,,it is being calm and holding it in the back of your mind that is the problem,,,,,please try,,,,and take things steadily,,ttfn from Karen.

• My story is exactly yours. Shadow on left long. CT scan. Results nodules. Check again in 6 months.

Best Wishes

• Thank you. Wishing you the best of luck also Nicky.

You may also like...