Humour - Something to cheer senior ci... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation

48,796 members58,087 posts

Humour - Something to cheer senior citizens up.

Hidden profile image
Hidden

I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager)

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later.

I don’t have to go to school or work, in fact anywhere I don’t want to.

I get an allowance every month.

I have my own house.

I don’t have a curfew.

I have a driver’s license and my own car.

The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant.

And I don’t have acne.

Life is Good!

Also, you will feel much more intelligent after reading this.

Brains of older people are slow because they know so much. People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information in their brains, scientists believe.

Much like a computer struggles as the hard drive gets full, so too, do humans take longer to access information when their brains are full.

Researchers say this slowing down process is not the same as cognitive decline. The human brain works slower in old age, said Dr. Michael Ramscar, but only because we have stored more information over time. The brains of older people do not get weak. On the contrary, they simply know more.

Also, older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for. It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people do more exercise.

SO THERE!!

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

14 Replies

Oh I love that , so I don't have the start of dementia after all , you have made my day

Take care

Dorothy xxx

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to newlands

I liked it too, Dorothy. Kaye x

So very true. Xxx

Dr. Michael Ramscar is a very, very wise man! :)

Hidden profile image
Hidden

I am only 57 and I have had brain fog for the past 10 years. It's a good job that my head is screwed on or I would forget it take care

sara3443 profile image
sara3443 in reply to Hidden

Bless, I think brain fog is hormonal for us women in our fifties xx

Hi kathiesue

Very true...l love being a Teenager.

Velvet xx 🎅🎅

And so say all of us :)

very good lol

smithsonianmag.com/science-...

Thanks for sharing kathiesue. I feel much better now and will have an answer if anyone looks at me oddly as i stand in the supermarket frantically looking for my list! or stand in a room wondering why! Have a lovely christmas

And no one has the courage to tell you off yippee :-)

I like your way of thinking it brightened my day.

Very good Kathiesue. I have all those things as well......problem is, my allowance is too small to allow me to do the things I'd like to! XX

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

You may also like...