Do I give in

I am so what in a mind to give up to stop going to the p luminary course I have been going for 3weeks 2times a week but I find I am in so much pain with my knees afterwards (I have had 2new knee replacements )that I find it hard to walk for a day or two I know that it might do me good to do it but it is stopping me do other things I like doing like a walk around shops and a bit of fishing or alittle bit of gardening or just a ride out so do I stop or do I carry on ??

11 Replies

• You need to discuss it with them....the last thing they want is to make you suffer.

• Yes,you must talk to them about it,you don't want to do any damage to your knees,or even discuss it with your Doctor.Im sure you could delay it for a little while,& join at a later date.

I believe having knees done,is much more painful than a hip replacement,so please take care xxx

• Hi Edtongue, sorry to hear you're having problems with your knees. Sounds really painful.

I would have a chat with the PR nurse & she what she advises.

Take care 😀

• Don't know when you had your knees done, but it sounds like you're overdoing it. You might want to wait a while longer. As others said, talk to your Dr.

Rubyxx 😊

• The physios can alter the exercises to suit your particular circumstances. Do speak to them rather than giving up.

• Yes, the P R physio let me do the leg raises without heavy weights because of my knee replacement and the damage to my muscles and nerves in my lower right leg.

• Tell them about your problem there are lots of exercises you can do sitting down :)

• hi ed I wouldn't give up pr, you should discus your problems with them and they will adjust the exercises to suit you.

• Everyone's right about altering the exercises to suit individual needs. Im wondering how long ago you had your knees done Ed, and whether that is a factor? You say they are new.

Even Len Goodman on Strictly stays sitting down now after his, while the other judges dance in to join him.

• Keep going but don't do the leg/knee exercises and tell them why.

• Go and explain the situation to them....there is always chair based exercise sor reduce the number of exercises that affect you. Just put 100% into the ones that you do try. I found that as I went along, because my stamina increased and the times on each exercise increased, I couldn't fit half of them in in one session, so I got a bit picky choosy....on my side of course.

You may also like...