using oxygen on a cruise!: Hi My Mam... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation

50,490 members60,494 posts

using oxygen on a cruise!

deb66 profile image

Hi My Mam. is due to go on a cruise shortly but has been advised she is not allowed to take NHS oxygen with her and needs to arrange her own supply for a cruise, could anyone please advise as been quoted £600 plus to hire and unable to get supply to our area......any advise would be most welcome.

Deb66!

10 Replies

I've got a portable machine I'm wanting to donate if your anywhere near durham

Bryju124 profile image
Bryju124 in reply to Shaun321

Hi Shaun, if that lady on the cruise doesn't want it and it's still available could I put my hand up for your portable ? I gave severe emphysema and am on ambulatory oxygen :) I live in Hartlepool

Shaun321 profile image
Shaun321 in reply to Bryju124

Sure I've said all along that the first person to organise it can have it. As it happens I'll be going through Hartlepool tomorrow night at 5ish if you can be at the train station for then

Bryju124 profile image

Great I will be the one with an oxy cylinder on many thanks :)

Shaun321 profile image

Ok I will be at the back of the train, I'll be working on it so I would t have long unfortunately

Bryju124 profile image

I will be on the platform thanks :)

Shaun321 profile image

I can't at the moment find the trolley for it will you be okay lifting it?

Shaun321 profile image

Sorry I'll be on the train from Newcastle which gets to hartlepool just after 10 past 5

Bryju124 profile image

Thank you so much, it really is appreciated. :)

Most Cruise Lines have a single supplier of oxygen and you must make arrangements with them. Is it a static concentrator, or ambulatory oxygen, or both? Which Cruise Line? And does she have travel insurance? She must, of course, declare all medical problems otherwise insurance wil be invalid.

You may also like...