Mechanic -v- Doctor Story........Enjoy

Mechanic -v- Doctor Story........Enjoy

Mechanic v Doctor Story

Allan, a mechanic, was removing a cylinder head from a Harley-Davidson motorbike, when he spotted a world-famous heart surgeon in his garage. The heart surgeon was waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his bike.

Allan shouted across the garage, 'Hey Doc can I ask you a question?' The famous surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to Allan. Allan straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, 'So Doc, look at this engine. I also can open hearts, take valves out, fix'em, put in new parts and when I finish this will work just like a new one. So how come I work for a pittance and you get the really big money, when you and I are doing basically the same work?'

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over and whispered in Allan's ear, 'Try doing it with the engine running.'

Last edited by

20 Replies

• Brilliant! I too had thought heart surgery was glorified plumbing and neurosurgery glorified electrical work. Your brilliant joke has changed my mind!

Keep them coming...

K x

• Really great punch line.

• Brilliant, loved it! xx

• Thank-you Sheila.

• Love it, makes me smile, keep up with the funnies, I like them.

Other half has had 4 way bypass. Daughter asked surgeon if he was 'practising' on her dad, or was he qualified ? It certainly broke the ice !! He made a good job, she was happy.

• I will Tuttifruity

• Another good one Gerald! xx

• Thanks Wendells.

• Like this one Gerald.

• Hannah, I am glad you like it.

• Makes you stop and think , very good answer.

• Yep. Totally agree.

• Love it!!

• Thanks Eric

• Thanks for the uplift. Raven😀

• My pleasure Raven.

• That is brilliant xx

• Thanks Lyn

• That was sooo funny, We all need more of this xx.

• I agree maximoe, humour is also good medicine.

You may also like...