Pulmonary rehab

Pulmonary rehab

Hi everyone :)

hope this helps someone. i attended the pulmonary rehab class near me in february and couldn't walk very far at all.(40% lung function).Kept up the exercises at home as and when i felt like it and have recently completed the St Barnabas "one night in a onsie" 10k walk,including a hill.i certainly wasn't the fastest but the sense of achievement is totally amazing.

So dont give up...little and often and only when you can..does really help :)

12 Replies

• Well done, Im at 43% so you have given me that bit of inspiration to carry on with my morning half hour exercise regime xx

• Fantastic achievement! I've just started PR and look forward to being able to do more too. Your post is so encouraging.

• FANTASTIC - you are brilliant. What an inspiration xxx

• Well done. I bet you felt great, more testament to the benefits of PR, keep it up. xx

• What a wonderful achievement, you should feel very proud of yourself xx

• Well done - the Rehab Clinic is brilliant. :)

• I don't think we have any Rehab Clinics in my area, if we have my Doctor's have never advised me to go to one, I loved to do workouts but am finding that some of them are too difficult now although I am quite agile , would love to join a group , more encouragement.

• Congratulations, Little at a time comes to mind. Well Done, and to your friend also.

• 😀 Brilliant! Well done you😀 Stay well!😀😘🌼 xxx

• Thank you everyone for your replies.the sense of achievement is awesome and with the support of my cousin who came with me good fun too:)

• Hi, Allyj

Congratulations on your walk. I, too am on a PR course and am willing to try most things, but even one minute in a onesie isn't one of 'em ! Stay healthy !

• well done - pulmonary rehab helped me too - with confidence and muscle strength - but not unfortunately with walking but am grateful am stronger than I was - take care xxx

You may also like...