Stop smoking

I have given up smoking after almost 50 years it has now 4 months 4 month ago I was in hospital with shortness of breath and was in a bad way I thought it was the end of me I spent 5 days in there and had time to think Then 3 weeks after that I was back again shortness of breath they said I have copd so it going to be a change of life with the help of my wife and girls it's going to be hard but I mean to carry on

5 Replies

• Hi Ed, I smoked for over 40 years till may of last year. was short of breath and took up vapouring to help. Although its was a massive improvement for me and Ive not had a ciggie since, Ive just been told I have COPD. So I wish you well with your life changing I too intend to change drastically. Im just new to the forum but welcome and best wishes.

• Hi ed and welcome to the board. (You too Jjude.)

Well done on the stopping smoking, you might not feel the benefits for a while, some feel them quicker but, you will feel it eventually. It's the most important thing to do. x

• Welcome Edtongue1 and well done you for giving up smoking after all those years. You have such a positive attitude and with the support of loved ones and this great site, you will do well I am sure.

Wishing you well xxxx

• thanks casper x

• Here's the good news, too.. When they get you on the right meds, which may take a bit of tooing & froing - maybe slowly, but you'll be better than you are now.. so DO stay positive.

Best wishes

You may also like...