Breathing Problems Exacerbated

I have COPD and Asthma which is kept under control very well by the medication prescribed by my excellent local health clinic. However on a couple of occasions, I have had dreadful breathing problems immediately after a visit to my dentist. The visit was simply a routine scaling and polishing visit yet I experienced this problem. Does anyone know if there could be a connection between the inhalation of dust from the polishing of my teeth and my asthma.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, Popsie. I get very nervous going to the dentist, which makes me more breathless. When he does a scale and polish there's always water cooling things down so not much chance of dust. Have you told your dentist about your health problems?

• Hello eregendal,

Thanks for your response to my query. My dentist is fully aware of my breathing problems, ie COPD and Asthma, but I have not mentioned my suspicion that dental hygiene is contributing to the problem. There may be a way out by telling the dentist himself of the problem and letting him discuss it with his hygienist. Alternatively I could refuse to have my teeth scraped and polished. I'm sure that at my age it won't matter.

Thanks again.

Popsie

You may also like...